Connecting 2 buildings.

Ok So I want to connect 2 buildings via 2 nanobeam AC pairs and loadbalance the connection to maximise throughput and redundancy. (See diagram) any help would be great!2019-02-07_16-06-35.png

2019-02-07_16-06-35.png
Kudos: 71
Solutions: 14

Re: Connecting 2 buildings.

honestly I would do the same thing you are proposing but if the buildings have clear LOS and are with in 1500 meters I would use Mikrotik wireless wires, More bandwidth and pretty much no interfrance, and price will be about the same as well

I have this setup in a test enviroment but i cant seem to ping both sides of the link, not sure what i am doing wrong.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 42

This is a routing/switching configuration so I am moving it to Edgemax since your diagram implies you are using an Edgerouter.

The airMax devices will operate as a wireless ethernet run when configured in Bridge mode, since WDS is always enabled on AC products. As a result, all other configuration for your load-balancing can be handled in the routers and switches.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Highlighted
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 2

Hi @thelostcircuit ,

Use the Load Balancing2 setup wizard to set up basic load balancing and failover using two wireless links.

Take a look at the EdgeOS™ User Guide, page 75, Chapter 12, "Load Balancing2 Wizard"

BR,

-aojeda