Emerging Member
Posts: 45
Registered: ‎04-08-2012
Kudos: 5

DHCPD error

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

 

I have had trouble with a windows client connecting to my wireless network (Unifi) every now and again.

 

Today I also had an issue with my android phone connecting simultaneously to the windows box having trouble, it would not obtain an IP address. Checking in the logs I found the following:

dhcpd: parse_option_buffer: malformed option dhcp.relay-agent-information (code 82): option length exceeds option buffer length.

 and the time stamp matched the time that the connecting issue occured.

 

Somewhat annoyingly this issue went away by it's self and I cant seem to replicate it reliably.

 

My DHCP config is here:

 

# show service dhcp-server 
 disabled false
 shared-network-name Inet_client {
     authoritative disable
     subnet 10.1.4.0/24 {
         default-router 10.1.4.1
         dns-server 10.1.4.1
         lease 86400
         start 10.1.4.2 {
             stop 10.1.4.254
         }
     }
 }
 shared-network-name Internal_Network {
     authoritative disable
     subnet 10.1.1.0/24 {
         default-router 10.1.1.1
         dns-server 10.1.1.1
         domain-name mydomain.net
         lease 86400
         start 10.1.1.100 {
             stop 10.1.1.199
         }
         static-mapping HP_Inkjet {
             ip-address 10.1.1.6
             mac-address 10:60:4b:e3:24:67
         }
     }

 

I beleive that this may be related to a config parameter having some issue but I have setup the DHCP using the GUI entirely, so I suspect there is an issue hidden away somewhere...

 

If someone could give some guidance that would be great.

 

Thanks

AG