Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

Dashboard graphs / stats not showing

[ Edited ]

Some reason When i log onto my router from a browser window, i get no dashboard graphs, ports activity and/or color labels. I'm on a brand new 2017 macbook pro with high sierra. Using chrome and safari, I didn't need to reset/clear cache my browser but I did it anyways cause its never been used to browsed to the internet. Also, using EdgeRouter Pro v1.9.7+hotfix.4

The router is functioning. (ssh)

Update: I checked in two other laptops and the dashboards don't work as well. I may have to do a reboot.

Anyone have a fix??

Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 11.14.41 AM.png

Re: Dashboard graphs on Mac High Sierra

Update:

Updated firmware to v1.10 worked.

I guess I was wrong. So, after updating to v1.10 over the weekend. I log on the following monday and its doing the same thing. Not displaying Tx Rate/Rx Rate, Active ports, CPU, RAM, and Uptime.

Using google Chrome Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Safari Version 11.0.3 (13604.5.6)

Anyone has a fix?

Established Member
Kudos: 286
Solutions: 90

@jcaldwrote:

I guess I was wrong. So, after updating to v1.10 over the weekend. I log on the following monday and its doing the same thing. Not displaying Tx Rate/Rx Rate, Active ports, CPU, RAM, and Uptime.

Using google Chrome Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Safari Version 11.0.3 (13604.5.6)

Anyone has a fix?

I'm not sure you're experiencing a universal problem.  I'm on High Sierra, using Chrome, and have no problem with my edgerouters on various versions (up to an including 1.10).  Are you using any browser plugins that might disable/block scripts, java, etc.? Try disabling all addons and see if your problem is resolved.

Only add-ons I have is the "Ubiquiti Discovery Device tool" other than that no other plugins. This computer a brand spanking new with no frills. Well not yet. Just bare bones macbook pro. 

I have two other edgerouters, running v1.9 in remote locations and they work fine. It shows all the dashboard activity.

Established Member

@jcaldwrote:

Only add-ons I have is the "Ubiquiti Discovery Device tool" other than that no other plugins. This computer a brand spanking new with no frills. Well not yet. Just bare bones macbook pro. 

I have two other edgerouters, running v1.9 in remote locations and they work fine. It shows all the dashboard activity.

Then perhaps the problem is on this router and not related to your Mac at all.

I'm not sure the proper way to troubleshoot this, I'd SSH into the router first and take a look around.

What's the CPU look like, is it getting banged up by anything? I'd look at 'top'

Are the ubnt utils running?

What's the output of:

ps aux | grep ubnt

Not really much going on....

top - 14:00:19 up 2 days,  1:11,  1 user,  load average: 0.23, 0.19, 0.22

Tasks:  74 total,   2 running,  72 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie

%Cpu(s):  2.3 us,  0.7 sy,  0.0 ni, 82.2 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi, 14.8 si,  0.0 st

KiB Mem:   2040572 total,   304308 used,  1736264 free,    34004 buffers

KiB Swap:        0 total,        0 used,        0 free,   126932 cached

# ps aux |grep ubnt

root       571  0.0  0.0   4752  1340 ?        Ss   Mar03   0:10 /usr/sbin/ubnt-infctld

root       580  0.0  0.0   2760   312 ?        Ss   Mar03   0:03 /usr/sbin/ubnt-daemon

root       582  0.0  0.1  18384  2612 ?        Sl   Mar03   0:05 /opt/vyatta/sbin/ubnt-cfgd

root       717  4.7  1.5 178008 31604 ?        Sl   Mar03 139:51 /usr/sbin/ubnt-util -f

root       727  0.0  0.0  18384  1928 ?        S    Mar03   0:00 /opt/vyatta/sbin/ubnt-cfgd

root      2458  0.0  0.1  18384  2248 ?        S    Mar03   0:00 /opt/vyatta/sbin/ubnt-cfgd

root      3759  0.0  0.1  18384  2224 ?        S    Mar03   0:00 /opt/vyatta/sbin/ubnt-cfgd

admin    31133  0.0  0.0   2384   580 pts/0    S+   13:58   0:00 /bin/busybox grep ubnt

I guess ubnt utilities is running (4.7%). Not sure, what else to look for?

Established Member

[ Edited ]

Sorry, this is beyond my knowledge now. Smiley Sad

@UBNT-afomins - subject is misleading, there seems to be an edgerouter who's GUI fails to load.  Doesn't *appear* to be a problem with the OPs computer as he can access other edgerouter GUI's without an issue.  It would seem a reboot fixes the problem temporarily?  Any other details @jcald? The misleading subject (you didn't know at first, of course) may not gather a lot of attention.

To clarify, @jcald, is this a new router that always had this problem? Or this problem is new, and you used to not have this problem?

From a quick comparison I can see that a process, specifically one that relates to stats for all I can see, is missing from that process list.

In my ERPoE, the list is pretty much like the one above, plus the following entry:

root      8965  0.4  0.3   5008  1720 ?        S    Mar06   0:37 /usr/sbin/ubnt-pfor stats

Interestingly, one of the places I saw that getting executed, was the /usr/sbin/ubnt-udapi-server binary. Not quite sure after that, but I'd look around UNMS or the discovery app in case they provision or interact with the managing services of the router. 

The router has been in service for a year, not new. Never had this problem. Just started all of a sudden.

Note: 

When I let the page sit there for a while, the stats will start to show up but only for a brief moment and then freeze after about twenty seconds. Then start up again after a brief pause. Pause again and then continue in a sluggish pattern. The timing between pausing and starting is random though. 20/40sec, 10/30sec (round off numbers).

I'll make a QT Screen recording. 

Ok. I tried to upload the .mov. but the forum didn't take. so here's a link https://youtu.be/zGvPrBQ_cVw

The left side is the problem router. The right side is my other remote router. Here, I refresh the GUI page. As you can see, the page doesn't load until 00:38. The stats will run until 01:38 and freeze. The terminal will show the router still running. The router picks back up at 02:33. This pattern will go on and on, while my other remote router with stats are running.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 39
Solutions: 4

Re: Dashboard graphs / stats not showing

@jcald Last time the problem obviously disappeared after a reboot following the system upgrade. Can you verify if it disappears or not when you reboot it now? Also can you tell me how do you connect to the router (what devices are between your laptops and the router, if any)? Is it just a Mac issue or have you tried it also with laptops running different OS?

sorry for the delay.

I've managed to reboot the router after hours. Once rebooted, the graphics came up immediately and ran. But, the next morning without any traffic. The graphics doesn't come on immediately, even sometimes doesn't at all. It will be blank for 30-35 seconds and then kick in. Sometimes, i have to go through the other tabs to make it kick in. When it does start running, it then stops after about 40-45 seconds. Its doing the same thing. I have the terminal up with TOP to see the router running (like the video).

I am usually connected through a switch but also tried direclty connected with a different macbook pro. Same results. 

As jms33 mentioned, the subject line is misleading because I didn't know the actual root cause. 

Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 3

[ Edited ]

OP I have the exact problem you are seeing. I think it is the gui failing to load. Everything else seems to be fuctioning. It happens intermittently. A restart has always fixed the problem for me..... until the next time it happens. I don't have a fix, just letting you know you're not the only one. I have only had this happen on V 1.10. Tried all different browsers when it happens, all the same result. I am on Windows.

Without beeing certain, I have a suspicion I could spot the lighttpd daemon missbehaving. It seems (not atypical with recent firmwares, imo) that it occupies quite a bit the processor.. look at it's TIME, compared to other processes. However I think it must be some other process (maybe ubnt-util?) causing it a bit of trouble. As mentioned above, try giving it a fresh system image, perhaps the 1.10.1 from the beta board, as it seems slightly more polished, compared to the current release, plus, if you ignore a bit the fact tha you will need to redo your config from scratch, you will get rid of eventual bugs if there are there, and start fresh. 

Not directly comparable of course, but for the info, rendering two different browser windows from the same ER, and the process does not even bother to show  up in the top list. 

screenshot 1.jpg

Well, i gave it another try to figured this out with no luck. 

This time I used our backup router (same specs and same firmware) and gave it the same configuration. It worked for a day or two then all of sudden it stopped working. Either something in the configuration or an lieu of the updated firmware.

Still searching for a resolution. Anyone have any another ideas? I tried to return the product but it's already out of warranty.

I'm having the same issue and I also haven't had any luck anything I could possibly add aside from my original post that might help us get to the bottom of this?

Still an issue in 1.10.5. Does anyone know of anything else we could do to try and glean more information about the issue? Any sort of logging that could be enabled and reviewed or anything like that? 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 2

I have a 8 Port POE PRO with the same issue

no stats or graphs , and only a reboot fixes it , and only for a few days then goes back to no stats again 

Kudos: 2

Hello, 

I am having the exact same problem on High Sierra, Safari. It is working on High Sierra, Chrome. The dashboard broke when I upgraded from ~0.94 to 1.10.5. 

It looks like the dashboard is still properly loading real-time data as the CPU and RAM bars, as well as the interface statistics refresh properly, it's only the graphs that do not render at all.