Highlighted
Kudos: 1
Accepted Solution

ER-4 with ES-24 Lite VLAN guide

I have an ER-4, ES-24 Lite, two UAP-AC-Lites, and would like to set up some VLANs. Is there a guide for this?  I've found some videos that use the ER-X but ER-4 doesn't have that switch config option, so not sure if I should follow that.  Should I just use the ES VLAN wizard and don't need to do anything on the ER4?  I'm just not sure.  Is there a good guide to follow for this specific situation?

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 103
Solutions: 33

Re: ER-4 with ES-24 Lite VLAN guide

[ Edited ]

The best video I have seen that addresses your specific question is Chris Sherwood's Crosstalk Solutions video.  It is a bit dated (Feb 2016), but the concepts are the same in the latest firmware.  He uses an ER-Lite which is like the little brother of the ER4; it doesn't have a switch built in, which is similar to the ER4.  He is using an 24 port Edgeswitch Lite too.  It's almost like it was made just for you.

Simple Ubiquiti VLAN Config Chris Sherwood's Crosstalk Solutions youtube video

You can find many other videos with google search

edgerouter edgeswitch uap-ac site:youtube.com

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 103
Solutions: 33

Re: ER-4 with ES-24 Lite VLAN guide

[ Edited ]

The best video I have seen that addresses your specific question is Chris Sherwood's Crosstalk Solutions video.  It is a bit dated (Feb 2016), but the concepts are the same in the latest firmware.  He uses an ER-Lite which is like the little brother of the ER4; it doesn't have a switch built in, which is similar to the ER4.  He is using an 24 port Edgeswitch Lite too.  It's almost like it was made just for you.

Simple Ubiquiti VLAN Config Chris Sherwood's Crosstalk Solutions youtube video

You can find many other videos with google search

edgerouter edgeswitch uap-ac site:youtube.com