ERLITE-3 DHCP Server "ignore unknown-clients" Option

Folks,

I used to have a Raspberry-Pi as my DHCP server, now I bought a brand new ERLITE-3 and want to migrate the DHCP server to the new router. In my old settings, I don't allow un-registered MACs to get an IP by using "ignore unknown-clients" in dhcpd.conf file. Is there anyone here knows how to configure this feature in ERLITE-3?

Thanks

SuperUser
Kudos: 2262
Solutions: 1144

Re: ERLITE-3 DHCP Server "ignore unknown-clients" Option

If you create static bindings ip-mac, and in the DHCP config you don't set the start-stop ranges, only known mac addresses will receive its ip address ... (of course, this won't prevent connections from a client on which has been set a static ip address).

Cheers,

jonatha

I created 4 dhcp servers with the same subnet, but range set to empty. Then I added all devices to static map. None of them can get an IP. Is there a problem with this setting?

Thanks

SuperUser

Why four DHCP servers for the same subnet ? Usually, for management VLAN,  I create a DHCP server, with no range start-stop, only network, default-router, DNS servers, for each network device, there is a static-binding, it works without any issue ...

Because I want different hosts use different DNS servers, like openDNS, dns from my ISP, google DNS. I have to seperate them into groups. In Linux DHCP server, I can specify which DNS server to use for each host, but for EdgeMax I cannot do the same thing.

It looks like all DHCP servers won't response any request. I am using wireshark to watch bootp packets.

SuperUser

Ok, create one DHCP server, with only static-mapping (no start-stop range), then thake a look here.

Cheers,

jonatha

Established Member
Kudos: 469
Solutions: 149

@happycuberwrote:

Because I want different hosts use different DNS servers, like openDNS, dns from my ISP, google DNS. I have to seperate them into groups. In Linux DHCP server, I can specify which DNS server to use for each host, but for EdgeMax I cannot do the same thing.

You can use the options directive to include raw dhcpd.conf lines as you like.

Thanks folks, I did it:-)

Yeah!