Kudos: 1

Re: ERLite - DIRECTV OnDemand

[ Edited ]

Been there, done that. All it does is reauthorize the services allowed on your account and tells the box.

I have more access than most people do to account related stuff. Figured I would troubleshoot it with my network before I call internal support.

No luck on that end. Still stuck in the same spot. Are there any settings on my Unifi switch (UniFi Switch 24 POE-250W) I could be missing that could cause anything like this?

Veteran Member
Kudos: 858
Solutions: 305

Do you have anything else on your network using L2TP? That appears to be what they use to conenct to the directv servers
Veteran Member

Are you double NAT'd?

Negative. They actually don't use those ports anymore. No port forwarding needs to be done anymore. Does ERLite allow downgrade firmware? I recently installed  v1.9.7+hotfix.1. I may go backwards and reattempt v1.9.7. Actually looking at the downloads page appears they just added hotfix 2 today.

Veteran Member

yes could you of accidentally blocked yourself in your opendns account?

I don't have an OpenDNS account, I use the public servers. I also attempted removing them and using my ISP's DNS servers with no resolution.

@smyers119 wrote:
Are you double NAT'd?

Pretty sure not double NAT'd. 

ISP Modem (modem only, no router) > ERL > Unifi Switch

Veteran Member

try connecting directly into router no switch

Yep. I've done just about everything I know to do with it.

No luck with older firmware.

Veteran Member

did you try factory reset?

I did indeed

So, I give up for now. I believe it is something outside of my control. I just hooked up an old router it had worked with in the past and had the same issue. Thank you for your assistance. I'll update if I find a resolution.

Kudos: 150
Solutions: 56

[ Edited ]

My DirecTV STB seems to work ONLY with a WiFi connection, and a Cinema Connection Kit, despite the fact that the STB and the CCK both have RJ45 Ethernet ports.

Frustrating and ridiculous that you cannot just wired the STB into the router and have it work. DirecTV provides no documentation, and I haven't been able to find anything on the Internet showing how to make it work wired either.

[ Edited ]

My DirecTV installer (and tech support I called) told me to use the WiFi on the receiver. After poking around some DirecTV forums I found out that you could hook the DECA unit into your router and inject internet through the COAX, and that's how I've been functioning for the last two years. 

I have an ER-X, ToughSwitch Pro, and I'm using Unifi AP AC Pros. My DECA unit is plugged in to my ToughSwitch, and I also have two Samsung TVs that have RVU units built in (Genie clients), and they work with just ethernet into the same switch. My DirecTV on demand works fine too.

Edit: Just to be clear, there is NO ethernet plugged into my main unit, ONLY the TVs, internet is injected into the COAX from my router/switch.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your response. I'm pretty knowlegable on the DTV hardware which is why I'm focused on troubleshooting the network equipment. I was an in-house DTV tech for 6 years up until this year. Still with the company, but no longer a tech.

My DTV has ethernet wire from back of HDDVR unit plugged into a switch which is plugged into my ERL.  Static IP assigned.  No issues.

It's got to be outside my network. I sent it up to DTV engineering to check it out. Now, it's a waiting game.

Did you ever get resolution on this?