Kudos: 40
Solutions: 5

ERpoE5 with load-balance and three lans

I am currently running a ERpoE5 with a single WAN and three seperate lans each with dhcp turned. I have been trying to setup load-balance for eth0 and eth1 by modifying the configuration setup on the wizard. When uploading the modified config.boot file I get an error so it stops loading. My question is when using load balance does switch0 have to be defined as a signle dhcp server? Can I not configure the lan's as I currently have them?

Re: ERpoE5 with load-balance and three lans

[ Edited ]

Maybe I should ask the question differently. Can the switch ports (eth2, eth3, eth4) be operated independantly when using load balance? If so does it slow preformance?

Previous Employee
Kudos: 5473
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

No the ports do not have to be switched (switching the ports or not is not really related to load balancing), so most likely there's some issue with the manual config.boot modification and you should provide the "before" and "after" configs and the errors you got so that people can take a look. And yes as discussed before (for example here) there is performance impact when the ports are not switched (again not related to load balancing).

Thank you for the response. I loaded the config again last evening and displayed the configuration via the console port. In the configuration there is nothing after the load-balance group information. Just learning the OS and the equipment that is why I am asking these questions. Done a lot of reading and have a couple things I would like to try before asking additional questions. From what I have read briging ports does create a performance decrease. So defining the ports eth2, eth3 and eth4 as individual subnets also decreases performance just a bridging does?

Previous Employee
Kudos: 5473
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

Yeah it is similar in the sense that extra software processing is needed in both cases.