Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Edge Router Pro V1.9.7 : QOS

I would like to limit the bandwidth usage per PC (IP adress)

I set up a smart Queue (upload 740 kbits/s and download 9.8 Mbits/s)

And I would like that each PC has an equal access to the nework, regardless of the type of traffic.

Without any basic rule, If I have someone doint a transfer, or some uttorents traffic... All the others see that the network access is not good.

I tried to forbid uttorent kind of traffic but now I have all the traffic in "other"

In fact I don't care people doing uttorent... As long as this has no impact on the work.

So I would like everyone to have something as 150k upload and 1m download with a kind of burst capacity to go up to the max bandwidth as long as the others have access to their basic bandwidth.

I tried to set up a basic rule

Source 192.168.2.0/24, dest =' ' rate =150k; Burst rate= 690 k; Burst size= 256Kb; Queue type FQ_COD

Reverse rate= 1536k; Reverse Burst Rate= 8m; reverse burst size= 10mB; reverse Queue Type FQ_COD

But this seems to give poor performances, I am certainly doing something wrong

Is there a simple way to set up such a kind of simple rule?

Many thanks in advance

jf

Accepted Solutions
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1822
Solutions: 802

Re: Edge Router Pro V1.9.7 : QOS

The "higher level" rate is for entire subnet summed up, set it 10...15% below internet speed, so you own the queue

On HFQ level, most important is per host max.   I'd set it to 50..60% of higher level rate, so if there is only a single client busy, not too much BW is unused.
If multiple clients are present, they share the higher level BW equally.   Don't bother about burst settings

View solution in original post

All Replies
Veteran Member

Try HFC queue type (host fair Queueing)

Thank you for the answer.

I have a question about the different rates:

I have rate and burst rate at the source level and then at the subnet level.

Can I assume that at the high level it is the rate for all the subnet and that at the subnet level is is for each host?

In this case if I have only one subnet, Should I enter the full rate at the higher level (without burst) and enter a much lower one but with burst rate at the subnet level?

Many thanks for the answer and sorry for the basic question, I am a beginer!

Veteran Member

The "higher level" rate is for entire subnet summed up, set it 10...15% below internet speed, so you own the queue

On HFQ level, most important is per host max.   I'd set it to 50..60% of higher level rate, so if there is only a single client busy, not too much BW is unused.
If multiple clients are present, they share the higher level BW equally.   Don't bother about burst settings