Emerging Member
Kudos: 26
Solutions: 1

Re: EdgeMAX EdgeRouter software version v1.10.8 has been released!

@adminmat - If you just have the single ubiquiti router, then why do you need UNMS? You only have one device to manage so I wouldn't bother investing in the Cloud Key.

I purchased 2 x ER-X for a client with two sites, installed v1.10.8 on both and used the load-balancing wizard for 2 WANs (although only used 1 WAN at both sites, leaving the second WAN for failover and later use). 

I then setup an IPSEC tunnel with 3DES/SHA1 between Site A and Site B. Everything appeared to be working, until I found that some traffic wasn't traversing the tunnel properly. Computers at Site B couldn't auth to domain controllers at Site A, lots of group policy errors, slow logins, some line of business applications weren't working etc... however addresses pinged, file shares were accessible, internet traffic worked. 

I couldn't spend a lot of time investigating due to the impact on the client. I did perform a number of reboots and checked other infrastructure in the environment though which all checked out. I downgraded Site B to v1.10.3 and the problem was fixed immediately. Not sure on how to proceed, but thought I'd post this up in case anyone else experiences something similar.

Thanks. 

Kudos: 305
Solutions: 6

[ Edited ]

@jtayThis sounds to me suspiciously like it might be an MTU problem, rather than a specific problem with v1.10.8 - maybe first try to use the wizard to adjust MSS at both ends to 1300 and see if your problems go away - if not, possibly move your question to the main edgerouter forum? 

Kudos: 1252
Solutions: 26

@jtay wrote:

I purchased 2 x ER-X for a client with two sites, installed v1.10.8 on both and used the load-balancing wizard for 2 WANs (although only used 1 WAN at both sites, leaving the second WAN for failover and later use). 

I then setup an IPSEC tunnel with 3DES/SHA1 between Site A and Site B. Everything appeared to be working, until I found that some traffic wasn't traversing the tunnel properly. Computers at Site B couldn't auth to domain controllers at Site A, lots of group policy errors, slow logins, some line of business applications weren't working etc... however addresses pinged, file shares were accessible, internet traffic worked. 

I couldn't spend a lot of time investigating due to the impact on the client. I did perform a number of reboots and checked other infrastructure in the environment though which all checked out. I downgraded Site B to v1.10.3 and the problem was fixed immediately. Not sure on how to proceed, but thought I'd post this up in case anyone else experiences something similar.

Thanks. 

Just a thought. Is the Active Directory properly setup to recognize the subnet and routing cost across the IPSec tunnel?

I am rusty but I used to handle many of such domain authentication issue and usually it is due to the new subnet across the tunnel is not configured in the Active Directory (not sure which MMC now where subnet is to set up since I stopped doing all these at Win 2003 AD).

Kudos: 1
Solutions: 4

yeah, ERPOE-5 firmware v1.10.8 running fine, but L2TP-IPSEC not working for me.

Revert back to v1.10.7, looking thread and disable offloading ipsec L2TP-IPSEC it's work..

I thing issue bug offloading??

[ Edited ]

@fontaaaaaa wrote:

I've returned to 1.10.7. With this 1.10.8 the router (Edgerouter Lite) seems to lose his ipv6 every few days.

Edit: Problem also seems to be present in 1.10.7.

Did you find a release without the IPv6 problem? Had 1.9.x before and also had to deal with lost v6 addresses.

What's the name of your ISP? 

Emerging Member

On a dual WAN configuration, the interface fails to return to an available/ready state when manually disabled/enabled.

It seems IPsec IKEv2 Roadwarrior is broken?

I've an a few ER-4 running 1.10.6 without problems. Clients (MacOS, iOS, Win10 ) are connecting without problems. After Upgrade to 1.10.8 I get from swanctl --log:

11[IKE] no private key found for 'xxxxxxxx'

Private key is existend and valid, as it works with 1.10.6.

Any Ideas?

AP-AC lite | AP-AC-Pro | AP-AC-nanoHD | AP-AC HD | USG 3P | EdgeRouter ER-4 | Edgerouter ER-6P
professional services ( MSP ) | Cloud hosted unifi controllers

Update: It seems, that the Update wiped my certs keys etc. in /etc/ipsec.d/ - copied them from /config/.acme.sh/... and VPN IKEv2 works again.

AP-AC lite | AP-AC-Pro | AP-AC-nanoHD | AP-AC HD | USG 3P | EdgeRouter ER-4 | Edgerouter ER-6P
professional services ( MSP ) | Cloud hosted unifi controllers

After an update everything, expect /config/, will be wiped.

Because of this, it is a good idea to store your certs in "/config/auth"

Regards,

Tuffi

I have load balancing and "commit-confirm" problem.

[Reference]
EdgeRouter X Load Balancing and commit-confirm problem - Ubiquiti Networks Community
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeRouter/EdgeRouter-X-Load-Balancing-and-commit-confirm-problem/td-p...

A minor double slash bug in /etc/squidguard/squidGuard.conf

#
# autogenerated by vyatta-update-webproxy.pl
#

dbhome //config/url-filtering/squidguard/db
logdir /var/log/squid

rewrite safesearch {
	s@(.*\.google\..*/(custom|search|images|groups|news)?.*q=.*)@\1\&safe=active@i
	s@(.*\..*/yandsearch?.*text=.*)@\1\&fyandex=1@i
	s@(.*\.yahoo\..*/search.*p=.*)@\1\&vm=r@i
	s@(.*\.live\..*/.*q=.*)@\1\&adlt=strict@i
	s@(.*\.msn\..*/.*q=.*)@\1\&adlt=strict@i
	s@(.*\.bing\..*/search.*q=.*)@\1\&adlt=strict@i
	log	rewrite.log
}

I just noticed that none of my firewall policies are reporting stats for the rules after updating to 1.10.8.