Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1400
Solutions: 77

EdgeMAX EdgeRouter software version v2.0.0 has been released!

See release notes here -> https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX-Updates-Blog/EdgeMAX-EdgeRouter-software-release-v2-0-0/ba-p/2...

NOTE: There are some known hwnat related issues on ER-X/ER-X-SFP that will be fixed in upcoming v2.0.1 firmware. 

• [LoadBalancing] - LoadBalancing randomly fails if hwnat offloading is enabled on ER-X and ER-X-SFP models. LoadBalancing watchdog randomly reports false-positive interface-failure events and switches to backup link when it should not. Workaround is to disable hwnat offloading.
  • [PPPoE] - PPPoE client interface randomly fails to reconnect with PPPoE server when hwnat offloading is enabled on ER-X and ER-X-SFP router models. This issue was noticed only with LoadBalancing or ECMP setups. Workaround is to disable hwnat offloading.
  • [Offloading] - IPSec offloading does not work on ER-X and ER-X-SFP

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Kudos: 3

Re: EdgeMAX EdgeRouter software version v2.0.0 has been released!

[ Edited ]

Upgrade failed via UNMS on ERX.  Went throught the motions, rebooted itself, but still shows 1.10.8 version.  No system image to delete to create more storage.  I'll try via the gui to see if that works.

Update: Second try via UNMS worked.  Another issue popped up though, on switch0 one of the vlans on the ports (that I think was configured before the update) was missing afterwards so the connected device wasn't accessable.  

Update2: Device on eth2 couldn't obtain DHCP lease.  Didn't get a chance to look at network.  After rolling back to 1.10.8 device on eth2 got a lease.

Screen_Shot_2019-01-07_at_11_33_55_AM.png
Kudos: 1

@UBNT-afomins any eta for more than 8 wans on offload engine? 

Kudos: 5

Hello,

I'm using dnsmasq for dhcp and dns. After upgrading to v2.0.0 all dhcp leases are lost. all records in dnsmasq also.

now it's required to restart more than 50 clients. thank you !!!

does ubnt testing new releases? I think no.

Highlighted
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1476
Solutions: 275

[ Edited ]

Why is this being released with so many serious known issues? Suggest to pull this back to beta. As is, the release will receive negative press, confusion and frustration.

@UBNT-afomins @UBNT-Jordan

Emerging Member
Kudos: 25
Solutions: 1

I was also shocked to see this release today.  My guess - Politics.  2.0 needed for new year.

[ Edited ]

Upgraded ER-X from 1.10.8 to 2.0 and everything seems to be running ok.  

However I did notice that under the Dashboard tab of the GUI it now shows 0bps constantly for eth1, eth2, eth3 and eth4 (although traffic actually is flowing through these interfaces just fine and all 4 are in use).  Same goes for  the statistics page in UNMS, interface traffic has shown 0bps since the upgrade for these 4 interfaces. 

Annotation 2019-01-07 083752.jpg
Kudos: 5

I can confirm that dhcpv6-pd is not working correctly.

@UBNT-afomins Are you crazy to release with this KNOWN bug? Or do you think that nobody using IPv6?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 6

What are the differences to the last beta version? Could you point me towards the changelog?

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 6

Was reading the beta.3 thread came across this link, at first I thought it was a misunderstanding but no, it's not.

A large part of our install base is ER-X, this is nowhere near ok.

Now I get the politics and all, but releasing a major version with know offloading bugs is beyond me. Or maybe I'm too old and this whole CI/CD modern thing is beating the daylights out of my brain...

Kudos: 38
Solutions: 5

@BranoB wrote:

Why is this being released with so many serious known issues? Suggest to pull this back to beta. As is, the release will recive negative press, confusion and frustration.

@UBNT-afomins @UBNT-Jordan

BranoB is absolutely correct. Premature release is going to seriouesly impact the reputation of Ubiquiti (i.e. sales).

Kudos: 1

Upgraded without any problems, ER-X-SPF.

SuperUser
Kudos: 10867
Solutions: 669
Contributions: 1

I've been running it (or an identical RC version) for days now on ER12Ps, which was one of the reasons for the release (I believe) since the ER12/Ps don't seem to like v1.10 FW much.   No "politics" involved that I'm aware of...

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)
Kudos: 34
Solutions: 3

Updated a ERLite without issues - everything seems to be working correctly.
Kudos: 42

How can this be released with no Beta 4 yet?

Beta 3 was far from ready and there was zero sign of 2.0 going live over on the Beta forum; not even the customary release candidate a week ahead of the mainstream release.

Did someone fall over at UBNT and accidentally hit the 'release to all' button??

Emerging Member
Kudos: 4

Upgrade worked for one of my ER-X upgraded from 1.10.8. No problems so far.

DHCP leases are automatically reconnecting (mostly WiFi clients).

Established Member
Kudos: 189
Solutions: 59

@eejimm
Okay, but the ER-12P is an Early Access product, so it would not be strange to run beta versions for a period on that device.
We had one week with beta-3, which was released around holidays period, so not much testing has been done on that.
So we're now to expect that anything beta might actually be a release candidate...
Established Member
Kudos: 301
Solutions: 94

[ Edited ]

@maxried wrote:

What are the differences to the last beta version? Could you point me towards the changelog?

The SHA256 hashes are not the same as beta.3 so something must have changed! 

Edit: updated an ER-4 from beta.3 to this, and it went without incident.  

Emerging Member
Kudos: 8
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

I had the same issue as @jasonfeig, I am remotely managing a ERX with a UAP-AC-Lite connected in passthru mode on eth4, this is not connecting to the cloud controller, and it is not pingable from the CLI. I reverted back to 1.10.8 in the meantime.

I was somewhat surprised to see this release today, and was hoping I could use it. Hopefully this feedback can assist @UBNT-afomins.

Unfortunately I have to go back to v1.10.8 due to significant performance degradation with all of the 2.0 software versions. I've got a very simple configuration, no complexities. 1Gbps Fibre WAN connection, on eth5. and a /24 LAN on switch0.8.

HWNAT is enabled.

Running iPerf to an endpoint to a few hops away across the WAN connection.

• v1.10.8 - 914Mbps down, 902 up (maxes out the WAN connection).
  • v2.0.0 betas & release - 426Mbps down, 151Mbps up.

--
EdgeRouter ER-X-SFP
EdgeSwitch ES-8-150W