Emerging Member
Kudos: 49

Re: EdgeMAX EdgeRouter software version v2.0.0 has been released!

What do you think is the bonding described at the URL above? After layer2 is processed by hardware, layer 3 has to be processed either by kernel, or through offloading. Have a look at the release notes in the first post of the thread.

Kudos: 26
Solutions: 3

Then seems it's getting closer but not yet ready.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 20
Solutions: 3

[ Edited ]

The only problem I've really run into on my ER-4 is the GUI realtime stats freezing after about 10-15 minutes. Opening up Chrome developer tools and inspecting websocket connections shows that there is no connection when this happens. After refreshing the page, the websocket stats connection returns, and everything updates normally. I don't recall having this problem on 1.10.x.

Kudos: 36
Solutions: 12

Is there a known issues list?

How can I get infos about SIP problems (call from outside get lost).

With firmwares from v1.8.0 to 1.10.8 I had never such problems. It works just plug and play.

@UBNT-afomins Is there an updated nightly from the build that was posted a few weeks ago?
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 145
Solutions: 19

@mWare 

Many thanks for helping us collecting these information!

The output of "switch dump" didn't show MAC address of Obihai Obi200 on eth2, and I suspect eth2 for unknown reason enter some kind of "sleeping" state because of no activity on that port for a while and couldn't get waked up.

If feasible, could you try to run a constant ping to Obi200 on ER-X-SFP and check if you still could observe the issue?

ex.

sudo /bin/ping -q <Obi200's IP> &

Thanks.

Regards,
Michael
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-afomins 

> Has the speed decrease people have mentioned being addressed in the upcoming 2.0.1? 
> I can reprudce this directly on my edgemax lite3. on 1.10.8 get a round 980 mbits up / down and 2.0.0 drops to 670+- mbit.
Does throughput drop from 980 to 670 happens instantly? 

No but temporly  i notices a few sec 970mbit  later its drops  after few minutes its back to 970mbit than again. Its shifting a lot

But i am suprise that the iperf result are better on 2.0 

on 1.10.8 iperf 870 mbit

on 2.0      iperf 930 mbit

Emerging Member
Kudos: 5
Solutions: 1

Any update on when we can expect 2.0.1 being released?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1444
Solutions: 81

@FineDogBiscuits
> It seems Traffic Analysis is enabled after reboot even if it’s set to disabled?
I'm not able to reproduce this. Are DPI stats increasing when DPI is disabled or they are frozen?

> I did "Clear Data" and now it doesn’t seem to populate the graphs.
Did you see "Traffic analysis data has been cleared successfully." message when pressing "Clear Data" button?

@sholdee
> on my ER-4 is the GUI realtime stats freezing after about 10-15 minutes.
Please show output of following shell commands when GUI stats freeze

cat /var/log/lighttpd/error.log
cat /var/log/lighttpd/ubnt-rtr-ui.log

@otto58
> How can I get infos about SIP problems (call from outside get lost).
Run following commnads and shell and then SIP will be correctly classified by firewall:

echo 'net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_helper=1' | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.d/30-vyatta-router.conf
reboot

@Trunkz
> Is there an updated nightly from the build that was posted a few weeks ago?
No update is ready yet because we are still investigating random connectivy loss on ER-X.

Hi,

There seem to have a change with FTP connection and the firewall, before the update the related data connection were passing correctly (with established / related allow rules, I think), now I have to open manually the port range 1024-65535 for any transfer to complete.

Did anyone notice this ?

Thanks

Kudos: 167
Solutions: 2

@UBNT-mlin I suspect eth2 for unknown reason enter some kind of "sleeping" state because of no activity on that port for a while and couldn't get waked up

Unfortunately the only way service is restored is by rebooting the ER-X; rebooting the Obi ATA has no effect. No DHCP or ARP is seen in tcpdump (on the ER-X) when the ATA is completely power cycled. No issue is seen with firmware 1.10.8 either.

I can attempt the long-running ping, but if it works, that's a mitigation, not a solution.

I reverted to 1.10.8 and never looked back. I had no real problems, but simply did not trust it. There were DNS slow downs, but that could also have been due to ISP problems.

Had to reenter some recent configuration changes, since the UI will not load save files from a newer version. Probably could have manually edited the config file, but decided just to spend the 10 min. entering the safe way. I really want to be done fiddling.

Keeping extra notes on the config in a spreadsheet helps a lot.  ;-)

Kudos: 26

[ Edited ]

@mds1256 wrote:

Any update on when we can expect 2.0.1 being released?

Probably not anytime soon (last I heard was early February, but that has all but come and gone). They don't even have the 2.0.1 BETA up for testing yet, and I doubt they want to rush through that beta seeing how this 2.0 was so problematic 

AP AC LITE
UAP nanoHD (x2)
Edgerouter 4

EdgeRouter Lite v2.0.0, after 1 month uptime my download speed went from around 550 Mbit/s to 150 Mbit/s. Quiet in both dmesg/journalctl/Log Monitor. Had approx 1.5TB total amount of data on the statistics when it happened. No real data or logs to share makes this post kinda useless but I read some others had similar problem after 1 month of uptime.

Established Member
Kudos: 246
Solutions: 89

Highlighted
Kudos: 2

@TechInfoQc 

There is a general issue with conntrack helper port assignments begin disabled by default in the new kernel.

You can check if you have them enabled by running (0 - disabled, 1 - enabled)

cat /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_helper

You can enable them and test (won't survive a reboot)

sudo sh -c 'echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_helper'

Or to make the change permanent, write the default to a sysctl config as @UBNT-afomins was suggesting for SIP above

echo 'net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_helper=1' | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.d/30-vyatta-router.conf
Kudos: 120
Solutions: 8

It would be super-useful to hear about a projected release date for 1.10.9.  This is a serious long-standing issue.  I'm thankful to hear root cause is identified, but surely the small regression is a small and quick fix?

Rodney

Emerging Member
Kudos: 49

@rhester72 wrote:

It would be super-useful to hear about a projected release date for 1.10.9.  This is a serious long-standing issue.  I'm thankful to hear root cause is identified, but surely the small regression is a small and quick fix?

Rodney

I would assume the patch needs to be sufficiently tested using at least, time-accelerated kernel, before it is released. No one wants a fix that does not work or breaks something else.

Kudos: 120
Solutions: 8

@DeviceLocksmith wrote:

@rhester72 wrote:

Rodney

I would assume the patch needs to be sufficiently tested using at least, time-accelerated kernel, before it is released. No one wants a fix that does not work or breaks something else.

Ordinarily, I'd agree, but it sounds like they zeroed in on the exact change that caused the regression, so I imagine there isn't a lot of doubt as to the correct fix.  Either way, so be it, just looking for a release date so I can stop rebooting my routers on a schedule Man Happy

Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

@UBNT-afomins 

same issue with ER-4 as mentioned by @sholdee
> on my ER-4 is the GUI realtime stats freezing after about 10-15 minutes.
Please show output of following shell commands when GUI stats freeze

cat /var/log/lighttpd/error.log
cat /var/log/lighttpd/ubnt-rtr-ui.log

output:

(but is an old log entry- from 2 days ago)

admin@gw:~$ sudo cat /var/log/lighttpd/error.log
2019-02-10 03:17:01: (server.c.1718) logfiles cycled UID = 0 PID = 12357
admin@gw:~$
admin@gw:~$ show date
Tue Feb 12 21:10:17 EET 2019
admin@gw:~$ sudo cat /var/log/lighttpd/ubnt-rtr-ui.log

there is no entry on ubnt-rtr-ui.log