Kudos: 1252
Solutions: 26

Re: EdgeMAX EdgeRouter software version v2.0.0 has been released!

@Gizbug wrote:

Although I've seen no complaints from Edgerouter 4 users, I am still hesitant to put this firmware on, given 4 pages of issues and it's only been out under 24 hours. Seems like the majority of issues are from ER-X users however.....

One of my remote site (administrator over there upgraded to 2.0.0) broke the IPSec VTI VPN tunnel back to my site (main site). And this is on ERPOEs. I believe I saw several VPN and IPv6 related troubles for 2.0.0 betas and never see any response about them being resolved.

Keep in mind that although IPv4+IPv6 dual stack is not common in US, but there are other parts of the world where it is. UBNT needs to stop being the Trump's US-centric mindset and be more globalized. I bet the rest of the world outside US is contributing a large part to UBNT's revenue.

Kudos: 1

@UBNT-afomins Correct, they do belong to switch0, however this issue didn't exist with prior firmwares.  

Emerging Member
Kudos: 19

Based on the response from UBNT staff, if you have a ER-X you best wait for the next firmware release for problems and inoperable features to be fixed.

@luckiweeman wrote:

One of the users on this thread had issues with an ER4 that made him go back to 1.10.7...I have an ER 6p and won't be updating to this firmware. I'm on 1.10.8 and it's working just fine. I'm wondering if Ubiquiti will pull this firmware given the amount of issues described here.

Given the attitude I have been seeing across a few UBNT platforms, I doubt so. Look at UniFi where a few cloud key firmwares resulted in stuck situation without ability to update to newer firmware unless u travel down to the site, ssh into the cloud key and perform some CLI commands. Look at UniFi AP firmwares with its shares of similar issues - stuck or brick and requires TFTP recovery method to restore (again, something that u need to be at the site + take the device down to carry out). Not forgetting some UAPs may be mounted pretty high up that requires scaffolding to reach. Who pays for all these costs that the implementers/installers are going to incur?

Kudos: 26
Solutions: 2

@UBNT-afomins wrote:

@BranoB
> Why is this being released with so many serious known issues? Suggest to pull this back to beta.
> As is, the release will receive negative press, confusion and frustration.
Upgrade from v1.10.x to v2.0.x is major change because affects all areas in ER (kernel, routing, offload, firewall, bootstrap), and I acknowledge that there were some known issues affecting certain functionalities mostly on ER-X devices.
But we need v2.0.0 to be available for new EdgeRouter models that won't otherwise work with v1.10.x firmware.

That is kind of disturbing to an end user.....you pushed out a FW as a final release, knowing there were major issues for users, because you need this FW to be available for new EdgeRouters?  Yikes! Frown2

AP AC LITE
UAP nanoHD (x2)
Edgerouter 4
Emerging Member
Kudos: 8

@chaicka wrote:
Keep in mind that although IPv4+IPv6 dual stack is not common in US

Huh??? 100% of my sites (all in the US) are dualstack, you can't even submit an RFP to any federal agency without full IPv6 support. About 1/3 of the traffic I see is IPv6.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 23
Solutions: 1

@chaicka...your comments are spot on.. Again, giving me even more reason not to update. 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 110

[ Edited ]

I'd like to say that my ERL is running fine with version 2.0.0. This ERL is (only) doing IKEv2 IPSec with VTI and OSPF. I see speeds of 150+ mbit/s over the VPN.

@apevnev wrote:

@chaicka wrote:
Keep in mind that although IPv4+IPv6 dual stack is not common in US

Huh??? 100% of my sites (all in the US) are dualstack, you can't even submit an RFP to any federal agency without full IPv6 support. About 1/3 of the traffic I see is IPv6.

That's good news to hear. Then all the more the UBNT should be aware the importance of IPv6 support.

@Hypnosis4U2NV wrote:

Based on the response from UBNT staff, if you have a ER-X you best wait for the next firmware release for problems and inoperable features to be fixed.

More than that. If you have IPv6, VTI VPN tunnel, VLANs, anything abit more advance networking, better have a spare to load with backup configuration and test out first.

@onnoo wrote:

I'd like to say that my ERL is running fine with version 2.0.0. This ERL is (only) doing IKEv2 IPSec with VTI and OSPF. I see speeds of 150+ mbit/s over the VPN.

Your IPSec VTI works?

I have one tunnel down right now cause the remote site's administrator updated that ERPOE to 2.0.0 before I can warn him not to jump in so fast. So far based on last few hours, that's the only impact as that site is rather simple setup (no VLANs, no IPv6, no nothing except the usual functions - DHCP, DNS, IPv4 routing).

SuperUser
Kudos: 9087
Solutions: 598
Contributions: 2

If you are running an ER-12, then in many cases you really need this update.  It handles a lot of things that 1.10.8 will never handle.

if running other routers, especially ER-X SFP in complex configs, stick with 1.10.8.

Though I’ve had a version of this v2 RC on critical production environments on ER-X SFP without issues. 

For everything except the 12’s, I would wait for the next release unless you have one of the simple wizard configs. 

ubiquiti certified trainer :: ubwa | uewa
Emerging Member
Kudos: 49

@chaicka wrote:

@luckiweeman wrote:

One of the users on this thread had issues with an ER4 that made him go back to 1.10.7...I have an ER 6p and won't be updating to this firmware. I'm on 1.10.8 and it's working just fine. I'm wondering if Ubiquiti will pull this firmware given the amount of issues described here.

Given the attitude I have been seeing across a few UBNT platforms, I doubt so. Look at UniFi where a few cloud key firmwares resulted in stuck situation without ability to update to newer firmware unless u travel down to the site, ssh into the cloud key and perform some CLI commands. Look at UniFi AP firmwares with its shares of similar issues - stuck or brick and requires TFTP recovery method to restore (again, something that u need to be at the site + take the device down to carry out). Not forgetting some UAPs may be mounted pretty high up that requires scaffolding to reach. Who pays for all these costs that the implementers/installers are going to incur?

That's fair, however if you are pushing a firmware that has just been released, specifically a major overhaul of firmware, with new kernel, Linux distribuiton, SDK, new everything to your production devices on the first day the firmware got released without a good reason for it, you may be doing something wrong.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 110

@chaicka wrote:

Your IPSec VTI works?

Yes it works. Other side is a Juniper SRX300.

[ Edited ]

@ildicoeu

How did you get the GUI working?
I'm using an ER4 and my GUI isn't working after the upgrade. SSH works fine though.
I don't know where to access the log to see if I definitely have the same problem, but it's highly likely I do.

Kudos: 19
Solutions: 6

@UBNT-afomins wrote:

@legacy0
> This new release broke my real dmz setup please fix rolling back to 1.10.8.
Which model are you talkinga bout ER-X/ER-X-SFP?  

ERLite-3

Hi!

Roughly: Some packages so you can build you own stuff, then download this one from GIT

https://github.com/nori0428/mod_websocket

Then build it and then it should work.

But as I had asked further up I think it might be better if ubi provides us with an official fix.

If you just want to get GUI running an dont need the colorful stuff, then feel free to just uncomment the line wih "mod_websocket", from your /etc/httpd/lighthttpd.conf (I hope I am remembering the path correctly).

KR

Sigi

HI @tomharristech

I just looked for my conf

Upper part of the file

ubnt@thomas:/etc/lighttpd$ cat lighttpd.conf
server.modules = (
"mod_access",
"mod_alias",
"mod_redirect",
"mod_fastcgi",
"mod_rewrite",
# "mod_websocket",
"mod_openssl",
)

Leave rest unchanged.

Shoudl do it until there is a fix.

(Re)start lighttpd afterwards.

KR

Sigi

Kudos: 2

Hi,

Seems to be very buggy IPv6 related stuff. IPv6 directly works via ethernet but SIT tunnels doesn't.

I hope that is this will be fixed.

Thanks,

After updating to v2.0.0 on my ER-X-SPF everything looked like it was working, except for it broke my IPSEC VPN.

ICMP works fine, except everything else cannot connect to the remote subnet..

If I SSH into my edgemax then I am able to connect to the remote site (tested with SSH), except not from my local switch.

After reverting to 1.10.8 everything worked again, seems like a bug.