Re: EdgeOS CLI Primer (part 1)

[ Edited ]

I am a newbie, so please forgive this naieve question- i have a sample config, copied from somewhere else and want to import the commands into my config.

i tried logging into ssh via putty, and cut and pasted the text file  of the config into the putty command line, after entering configure mode,  but got a slew of errors.  What am I doing wrong?

eg

vbash: vti: command not found

Established Member
Kudos: 549
Solutions: 153

@midician, start a new thread. This thread is about the CLI Primer.

I was hoping that someone  would  ADD  how to acheive this  to the  primer.

Kudos: 10

[ Edited ]
Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-stig I'm sure many of us would appreciate another thread with "EdgeOS CLI Advanced" details.

I'm in the process of trying to set up something rather complex, and am having trouble getting it perfect. Some examples of multi-WAN load balancing and the lower part of the below would be awesome..

What I have working now:

1 LAN

3 different WAN (all DHCP)

Load balancing the WANs

3 VPN tunnels (one going out each WAN) to the same destination

Custom routes for the tunnels

What I want to get working:

Default routing only via Tunnels, not WAN ports (when tunnels go up and down it seems to mess up the config)

One single device on the LAN to use default route out WAN1 (found details on policy based routing)

All outbound traffic load balanced out the Tunnels with weights of Tunnel1@45%, Tunnel2@45%, Tunnel3@10% (can't find examples of weighted routing or other load balance methods)

What I'd like to play with later on:

QoS (found some nice guides / examples, will look at them when I get to this point)

Removing tunnels from the default route when packet loss gets above a threshold (and ways to measure packet loss over time)

Removing tunnels from the default route when jitter gets above a threshold (and ways to measure jitter)

Automated update of IP block lists from internet text files (like Firehol) - I believe there's a Wizard someone wrote to do this, though haven't had the opportunity to play with it yet

EDIT: Added link to policy based routing