Kudos: 184
Solutions: 6

EdgePoint EP-R6. Discontinued?

Can anyone confirm if the EP-R6 is going to be discontinued?  My UK supplier is showing it as such.  

I currently use an enclosure with a ToughSwitch 5  running a Nanostation, Unifi AP and 2 Unifi cameras, all strapped to a lamp post. I was looking at replacing with an EP-R6.   

SuperUser
Kudos: 11062
Solutions: 684
Contributions: 1

Re: EdgePoint EP-R6. Discontinued?

I certainly have not heard that - we use a lot of them as well.   UBNT is not in the habit of discontinuing devices if there isn't a replacement already out, and the components inside are the same as in the ER-X SFP...

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 463
Solutions: 383

Hi @Sulli,

I'm moving your thread to the EdgeRouter forums.

We do not have any plans to discontinue the EP-R6.

-Ben

Ben Pin | Ubiquiti Support

Highlighted
Kudos: 48
Solutions: 6

I've just checked on our listing, we are getting more stock but not for a couple of months, waiting on a container delivery.

https://linitx.com/product/ubiquiti-edgepoint-6-port-router-ep-r6/14564/nc

Regards

Nick

Nick Shore
LinITX.com - MultiThread Consultants
Get your Ubiquiti gear: http://linitx.com/category/1038
Official UK UBNT Master Distributor