Accepted Solution

EdgeRouter PoE is able to provide power to two UniFi AP-LR?

Hi all!

A newbie question, Im considering buying an EdgeRouter PoE and 2x UAP-LR, my question is... Out from the box, with the power supply provided, will the EdgeRouter PoE be capable of powering up both UAP-LR?

This setup is possible, or I will need to use other power sources to power up both UAP-LR? Can the original power supply provided with the EdgeRouter PoE supply power to those two APs?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Kudos: 348
Solutions: 9

Re: EdgeRouter PoE is able to provide power to two UniFi AP-LR?

It will power two UniFi AP-LR.  Power is disabled by default so you will need to enable it.

You will also need to configure the router for your setup.  There are SOHO configuration files you can download so just create your own.  Search the forums for help because there are a ton of threads about setting up the router.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Oh yeah, forgot to ask... I have one more doubt...

Am I able to connect non-PoE devices on the EdgeRouter PoE ports also? Any configuration required or can I just plug it ?

That's all! Thanks!

It will power two UniFi AP-LR.  Power is disabled by default so you will need to enable it.

You will also need to configure the router for your setup.  There are SOHO configuration files you can download so just create your own.  Search the forums for help because there are a ton of threads about setting up the router.

Thank you for your help my friend!

I will go ahead and place the order for the EdgeRouter and the UniFi AP!

Thanks!

You will be happy, at least I am.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 4

I use my Edgerouter POE to power one UniFi AP and one AirCam, works flawlessly.  I love this little router so much, I have 15 on order to install at client locations Man Happy

Highlighted
Kudos: 1

hi!

this question might be very stupid, but since only "two AP-LR" were mentioned explicitly I have to ask... actually it's probably possible to power five AP-LRs (theoretically) right? 

i would like to power three AP-LRs with the edgerouter poe and the "two" alienates me a little... didn't want to open a new thread though...

thanks for info!

chris

Previous Employee
Kudos: 5479
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

Yeah the UAP-LR spec says 6W maximum power consumption so it shouldn't be a problem.