Re: EdgeRouter setup for Swiss FTTH providers

Hi guys, I think this community is my last resort.

I have a new Sunrise 1GB connection and the extremely bad Sagemcom box. I'd like to use my own Asus RT-AC87U modem with the CTS 1GB Media Converter already successfully used in the past with Green. I setup the Media Converter on  VLAN10 but I keep getting a 10.108.x. IP Address and not the Sunrise Public IP address. Is anyone there able to help me?

Many thanks.

Hello all!

I have a EdgeRouter X SFP with v1.10.5 and Fiber7. It works so far (including TV7) but I get disconnectd 2-3 times a day.

Init7 says, it is because a second MAC address tries to connect and then I get disconnectd. They told me the second mac address. It is the mac address from the internal switch, means my interneal net also tries to connect to Fiber7.

Strange. So they gave me a Fritzbox for texting (it works) but I don't like Fritzbox. Maybe someone had the same problem. I could not found it in this post but maybe I just did not understand the solution someone already has postet.

I can post my coniguration if necessary but I don't see there mac addresses. I guess this problem is somewhere else.

Thanks for any help! Don't let the Fritzbox coming to my home, arghh Man Happy

screenshot1.png

Hello everyone.

Could someone help? I am trying to do a fairly simple task:

I have a Swisscom Centro Grande (currently on set to 172.16.1.1) and a Unifi USG (Currently on set to 192.168.1.1 internally). My aim is to have port forwarding rules work. I would like to be able to access several ports on one of my devices (e.g. port 5000 for a Synology NAS) from outside my network.

I cannot get the IP passthrough to work as I would have imagined.  If I select IP Passthrough below, the USG is no longer able to connect to the internet.

Screenshot 2018-08-07 at 22.53.47.png

As you can see I have also tried "NAT default mode" but also no success.

I have setup port forwarding on the USG but perhaps incorrectly?

Screenshot 2018-08-07 at 22.57.19.png

Screenshot 2018-08-07 at 23.00.31.png

I am a little out of my league here... maybe someone could help?

Thank you!

Kudos: 1

Hi everyone

Has anyone managed to get the Sunrise (non BBCS) Fiber Internet to run on an EdgeRouter?

I just got it yesterday and for the life of it cannot seem to make it work.

VLAN 10, DHCP 60....Im at a loss.

Thanks

T

@Triocratdidn't work for me...I terminated my contract with Sunrise and switched to a local provider

Kudos: 2

same problem here, im trying to figure it out without any sucess for a while now

Thats a pity guys.
I am also thinking of switching to 7init - unfortunately I will still be stuck in the sunrise contract for about a year. Did they let you out early @zdns?

[ Edited ]

I can confirm that  Fiber -> TP-LINK MC220L (with SFP module from Sunrise) ->WAN port on "Sunrise Internet box" works so obviously "Sunrise Internet box" is configured in some special way to access internet. If I'm connecting my computer (linux) to the MC220L directly - it gets some IP but not the same as "Sunrise Internet box" and I can't access internet. I guess it gets Swisscom's IP as it's mentioned in the first post and to be able to make it work I need to set up VLAN. Well, I tried to set it up for VLAN 10, but I'm not getting IP on eth0.10 then.  I tried that DHCP option with "dslforum" domain - same result. By the way how some domain can end up in such thing? I would expect some sunrise.ch or swisscom stuff but what this dsl forum has to do with it? 

Anyway, I tried to connect wireshark in between MC220L and "Sunrise Internet box" but nothing obvious (i'm newbie) for me there, so i have to spend a bit more time googling etc

My contract is "Sunrise Start" 50Mbps, just internet (no TV/Telephone etc).

All right, looks like I got it working.

So while googling this issue VLAN 131 was popping up from time to time as old (results from ~2012) VLAN used by Sunrise, but somehow in newer posts (~2015 and up) VLAN 10 is mentioned. However I plugged in wireshark and got to see VLAN 131 in use. So I tried to connect my laptop (linux) directly to MC220L and it works. No need to send that DHCP option with dslforum advertisement in it or anything. No need to clone MAC address. Interesting thing: from wireshark log looks like "Sunrise internet box" is using different MAC than it's written on the sticker on the bottom of the box, I tried to play with different MACs and using the one from wireshark log gave me the same IP address as "Sunrise internet box" had. Anyway, as I said dhcp server replies to any MAC and as Sunrise provides dynamic IP anyway - there is no point of cloning it.

By the way, I know that my line is using some of Swisscom infrastructure so maybe VLAN ID depends on that and that's why ID 10 wasn't working, but 131 is.

Please keep in mind that I'm sharing my research results just to prove the fact that "it's possible", use this information on your own risk.

VLAN 131.....just tried it and it works like a charm. You are the man! Thanks!

[ Edited ]

Can anyone please share the screenshots of the setup?

Many thanks.

I'm  using PC Engines APU2 with Alpine Linux in CLI mode so not much help from my side, but here is my working /etc/network/interfaces config:

auto vlan131
iface vlan131 inet dhcp
vlan-raw-device eth1

Simple as that. Hope it helps somehow.

[ Edited ]

Hello,
Sunrise hotline told me I had to use VLAN 22 but I don't get an IP, so I guess there must be a DHCP option to make it work.

What method could I use to get this info while still using the Sunrise modem ? Wireshark ? And if so, what kind of packet should I filter ? DHCP I guess ? Any more specific filter to use ? Not a pro here, but I shoud be able to sniff that, if it appears in Wireshark.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm in Geneva, so it's not the same configuration as OP mentionned.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

It's just the example from www but it will look very similar, VLAN ID is the thing you have to look for.

Did you try to use VLAN 131?

native-2