Kudos: 96
Solutions: 1

Re: L2TP IPsec Client

Hi all,

I have the same issue for a client that we need the L2TP client feature in the ERL. Would there be community support to raise this as a feature request to UBNT?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 2

I raised another thread on this before finding this one - I'd definitely support it. And from reading this thread, I think most (if not all) of the components are in here - its stitching them together in a simple way thats the challenge!
Kudos: 96
Solutions: 1

I have raised this now as a feature request - would like some support for the idea!

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/EdgeMAX-Feature-Requests/L2TP-over-IPSec-client-implementation/idi-p/1...

Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

As many others, I would like to see this and other things implemented/fixed. But I have little to no hopes.

Unfortunately, Ubiquity doesn't seem to care too much about their customers. You can see it in the few participations they have in the support fourms.

I sell computers and network equipment and have asked in the past both Ubiquity and their wholesales representatives here in my country for support in a couple of projects but ether they don't have the knowledge to give support or they don't care. It's a shame because this routers seems like very good machines with something that could be a very good (operating) system, but have an almost complete lack of support from their parent company, which put them out of the game for serious projects.

Highlighted

I wonder if anything has changed in two years - is it now possible to easily set up ERL as an L2TP client for a commercial VPN service?