Scheduled maintenance: Community available only in read-only mode until 6:00 AM (PT)
Previous Employee
Kudos: 3146
Solutions: 945
Contributions: 16

Re: Load Balance, Fail over Dual WAN same gateway / subnet

@djstrauss you should probably start your own thread, but one problem that often comes up with multiple WANs from the same ISP is to make sure each WAN is in a different subnet with a different gateway.  If they have the same gateway then it likely won't work (unless it's pppoe).

EdgeMAX Router Software Development

Thanks for the suggestions @UBNT-stig.

I read that about pppoe some post before this.

Let me do some testing and experiments and will do a new thread on this.

[ Edited ]

I'm also interested in such configuration - i.e. I have to use 192.168.1.0/24 subnet, which has two Internet gateways:

WAN1 -  192.168.1.4      (default Internet gateway - another EdgeRouter)

WAN2  - 192.168.1.16   (failover LTE/Ethernet router)

I need networks devices on 192.168.1.0/24 being able uploading to Internet via WAN2 LTE router, in case default gateway is down, etc..  Currently, network devices have 192.168.1.4 as the default gateway. 

I have Edge Router X (5port) for this task. Once again - I have to use IP's from 192.168.1.0/24 subnet only.

Thank you!

Kudos: 7

Hi,

What i ended up doing (i couldve just go back to PFsense) was putting a small router infront of the second WAN

https://www.gl-inet.com/

so my config is WAN1 = -> WAN1 Modem

WAN2 = Mini router (10.x.x.x ip)->WAN2 modem

So in short i had to make one of the 2x ISPs a double nating solution by puting a router in front so that it can dish out a private ip other than 192.168.1.x

Regards.

Highlighted

saludos amigo logro resolver el asunto de trabajar con gateway repetido en edgerouter

@torankusu wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks for your inputs but as of now this is becoming more of an annoyance than a fun thing to try.

As of last week I went back to usin PFsense and is working awesome.

It is just  a pity that EdgeOS is not capable of doing this.

Can this be a feature request??

Again thanks for you help and a Moderator can close this thread unless someone comes along with a solution Man Happy