Kudos: 1

Lower performance than mikrotik RB2100

Hi, 

We purchased a ERL to compare its performance with a Mikrotik RB2100. The RB2100 actually acts as pptp server for 40 client connections. Connection to internet is done via another pptp tunnel to another router. 

Using the RB2100 we had pings of 17 ms to speedtest.net and a correct bandwith. When we plugged the EdgeMax we noticed that the latency rises up to 40-50 ms, the throughput decreases about 20% and clients noticed microinterruptions in the connection and decreased performance on some protocols, especially VoIP. Are we doing something wrong? 

Please find attached the config.boot file. 

Thanks for your help

Attachment
SuperUser
Kudos: 7932
Solutions: 233

Re: Lower performance than mikrotik RB2100

You pulled so much info out of the config it's almost impossible to troubleshoot.

isp builder | linux sorcerer | datacenter automation conjurer | blog: blog.engineered.online
link to our slack channel on the blog
Established Member
Kudos: 1008
Solutions: 80
Contributions: 9

I am going to guess a combination of hitting non-accelerated traffic and taxing the **bleep** out of the "Lite" model CPU.

Check the CPU utilization and load.  You may need to wait for a larger model to meet the needs of your specific setup.

Kudos: 1

CPU load is pretty low, uptime shows values lower than 0.1. 

What other data do you need from the config file? I only removed data which could cause privacy issues. I will send you the original file by private message. 

Highlighted
Kudos: 443
Solutions: 3

I'd be interested to see the results of this as we were just planning something very similiar.