Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 702
Solutions: 67

Re: Multicast, Sonos, Phorus & Play-Fi Broadcast 255.255.255.255:<port> Discovery Solution

@roynasser, for AirPlay you should only need to configure the mDNS repeater/reflector service on the router. 

Please help the community find useful posts and solutions by using the "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" buttons!
Established Member

Re: Multicast, Sonos, Phorus & Play-Fi Broadcast 255.255.255.255:<port> Discovery Solution

@MindTooth wrote:

Really having issues with getting a Sony TV to be available across subnets.  It seems to broadcast similarly as chromecast (according to Wireshark when connected to LAN(eth1)).  Tried all sorts, IGMP Proxy, mDNS replicator, bcastrelay.  Issue is to have the TV (eth1 -> dummy switch -> TV ) visable on wireless devices that is connected to switch0 (own subnet).

Latest config: https://gist.github.com/MindTooth/4368c5762ebc677a8112093967f43068

@MindTooth, what port(s) does the Sony use? Have you tried tcpdump or WireShark to capture a normal Sony TV broadcast/handshake packet conversation to see what's needed?

Please help the community find useful posts and solutions by using the "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" buttons!
Emerging Member
Kudos: 4

Thanks for your input @britannic ! and for your efforts on improving the experience for all of us users!

The setup in question would require Sonos/Chromecast as well as Airplay... so My question is should this be used in addition to mDNS reflector on the router?  (I remember some comments from a while back with alternative mdns configurations, etc)...  

I understand the difference in mDNS and Broadcast repeating (at least I understand the gist of each...lol), however I am curious whether the solution in this thread (summarized in the blogpost linked a few posts up), would take care of both, or whether I should implement this for Chromecast/Sonos, AND mDNS additionally (either the built-in or the package that is discussed on the mdns reflector topic), or whether there is overlap between this & mdns.

On another note, I suppose this will be picked up more and more if/when someone releases a feature config for this...  I think most home / entertainment setups will need/want some sort of AirPlay/Chromecast/Sonos/etc support...  More and more guests/patrons just expect "things to work"... and its up to us to abstract the complexities of these netowrk features, people just cant fathom the complexity and size of some of these networks...

Established Member

@roynasser, you could always try just the one solution to see if it gets everything working (including airplay), otherwise additionally configure mDNS support if it doesn't.

Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

Actually try almost all configurations and combinations.

Finally I can confirm, in my case, multicast works only with L2 Switch (IGMP snooping enabled). I have to disable and uninstall (if possible) all software related to multicast traffic (bcast-relay, pimd, mdns, igmp-proxy).

Only with setup all ports in switch, and after a power off cycle, multicast works for serviio.

Thank you very much for your patience and advises @britannic.

Notes:

Spoiler

Try to install pimd, in router and later in serviio PC (in each single side and also simultanyous), but didn't work for me.

Try with igmp-proxy in router, didn't work for me.

Try with mdns in router, didn't work for me.

Try with bcast-relay, didn't work for me.

Also made all types of combinations and configurations.

Also try to port other debian packages in edge router lite, but sometimes have a warning that KERNEL doesn't support multicast, sad Man Sad

At the end I think I have a kind of multicast collisions and after uinstall or disable other multicast software switch work properly.

Best regards.

Kudos: 5

Hi @britannic,

thanks for your detailed information. Because I'm very new into EdgeOS and its cli, I'm very sorry that I need to ask the following very basic questions. I hope you can answer them although.

Did I get your solution in post 8 right, that I need to transfer the .tgz-file, that you provided for download, via filezilla or equivalent software, into any directory on the EdgeRouter and then, via cli, move into that directory via 'cd', and then the file is untared via 'sudo tar zxvf ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz' into the new folder 'ubnt-bcast-relay/ '  ??

And did I get you also right, that by following the steps 1-7 like you described and having the services configured once, the broadcast relay services remain available, even after reboot?

And my last question: do I understand your config code right,

set service bcast-relay id 1 description 'Play-Fi listener'
set service bcast-relay id 1 interface eth0.5
set service bcast-relay id 1 interface eth0.6
set service bcast-relay id 1 port 10102

that on eth0.5 a listener interface is configured, that relays incoming broadcasts addressed to 255.255.255.255 port 10102 to eth0.6 ? Or how can I understand the priority of those two interfaces?

Once again I'm sorry for asking my basic questions...

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Dennis

Hi,

as mentioned above, I'm quiet new to EdgeOS and its cli and have a problem while installing...

I have moved the .tgz-file into /tmp directory on the EdgeRouter via pscp / windows and untared it via

sudo tar zxvf ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz

Immediately after that, many directories are shown and I can move into the folder

cd ubnt-bcast-relay/

But when trying to install it, the following is displayed:

EdgeRouterDSM25 login: Dennis
Password:
Last login: Thu Jan  1 07:29:37 UTC 2015 from 10.0.0.51 on pts/1
Linux EdgeRouterDSM25 3.10.14-UBNT #1 SMP Fri Jul 29 16:53:39 PDT 2016 mips
Welcome to EdgeOS
Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:~$ cd /tmp
Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/tmp$ cd ubnt-bcast-relay
Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/tmp/ubnt-bcast-relay$ sudo chmod 0755 install.sh
Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/tmp/ubnt-bcast-relay$ sudo install.sh
sudo: install.sh: command not found
Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/tmp/ubnt-bcast-relay$

Why is the install.sh command not found? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot,

best regards,

Dennis

Established Member

@DennisSchmitt wrote:

Hi @britannic,

thanks for your detailed information. Because I'm very new into EdgeOS and its cli, I'm very sorry that I need to ask the following very basic questions. I hope you can answer them although.

Did I get your solution in post 8 right, that I need to transfer the .tgz-file, that you provided for download, via filezilla or equivalent software, into any directory on the EdgeRouter and then, via cli, move into that directory via 'cd', and then the file is untared via 'sudo tar zxvf ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz' into the new folder 'ubnt-bcast-relay/ '  ??

And did I get you also right, that by following the steps 1-7 like you described and having the services configured once, the broadcast relay services remain available, even after reboot?

And my last question: do I understand your config code right,

set service bcast-relay id 1 description 'Play-Fi listener'
set service bcast-relay id 1 interface eth0.5
set service bcast-relay id 1 interface eth0.6
set service bcast-relay id 1 port 10102

that on eth0.5 a listener interface is configured, that relays incoming broadcasts addressed to 255.255.255.255 port 10102 to eth0.6 ? Or how can I understand the priority of those two interfaces?

Once again I'm sorry for asking my basic questions...

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Dennis

=============================================================================
There isn't a priority, whenever an interface sees a broadcast on the configured port 10102, it is relayed to the other configured interfaces.

Established Member

@DennisSchmitt wrote:

Hi,

as mentioned above, I'm quiet new to EdgeOS and its cli and have a problem while installing...

I have moved the .tgz-file into /tmp directory on the EdgeRouter via pscp / windows and untared it via

sudo tar zxvf ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz

Immediately after that, many directories are shown and I can move into the folder

cd ubnt-bcast-relay/

But when trying to install it, the following is displayed:

Password:
Last login: Thu Jan  1 07:29:37 UTC 2015 from 10.0.0.51 on pts/1
Welcome to EdgeOS
Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/tmp$ cd ubnt-bcast-relay
Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/tmp/ubnt-bcast-relay$

Why is the install.sh command not found? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot,

best regards,

Dennis

@DennisSchmitt, what's the output of:

1. ls -la /tmp
  2. ls -la /tmp/ubnt-bcast-relay

@britannicThanks for your fast reply!

Password: 
Last login: Thu Jan  1 08:01:11 UTC 2015 on pts/0
Welcome to EdgeOS

Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/tmp$ sudo tar zxvf ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz
ubnt-bcast-relay/
ubnt-bcast-relay/binaries/
ubnt-bcast-relay/install.sh
ubnt-bcast-relay/scripts/
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/
ubnt-bcast-relay/uninstall.sh
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/id/
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/node.def
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/id/node.def
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/id/node.tag/
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/id/node.tag/address/
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/id/node.tag/description/
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/id/node.tag/interface/
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/id/node.tag/port/
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/id/node.tag/port/node.def
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/id/node.tag/interface/node.def
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/id/node.tag/description/node.def
ubnt-bcast-relay/templates-cfg/service/bcast-relay/id/node.tag/address/node.def
ubnt-bcast-relay/scripts/._ubnt-bcast-relay.pl
ubnt-bcast-relay/scripts/ubnt-bcast-relay.pl
ubnt-bcast-relay/binaries/udp-bcast-relay

Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/tmp$ cd ubnt-bcast-relay/

Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/tmp/ubnt-bcast-relay$ cd /

Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/$ ls -la /tmp
total 12
drwxrwxrwt    7 root     root           380 Jan  1 08:09 .
drwxr-xr-x   31 root     root           824 Jan  1 00:01 ..
srwxr-x---    1 root     root             0 Jan  1 07:18 .imi_line
srw-rw----    1 root     root             0 Jan  1 07:18 .imi_show
srw-rw----    1 root     root             0 Jan  1 07:18 .nsm_show
srwxr-x---    1 root     root             0 Jan  1 07:18 .nsmserv
srwxr-x---    1 root     root             0 Jan  1 07:18 .rib_serv
srw-rw----    1 root     root             0 Jan  1 07:18 .rib_show
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     vyattacf        40 Jan  1 08:00 changes_only_hb8231cjk4eoiccfg8qbqp9li4bod4ql
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     vyattacf        40 Jan  1 07:32 changes_only_hhp66ukflas0ctg4h6jsuqnjd8lkuupq
drwxrwxr-x    2 root     vyattacf        40 Jan  1 07:49 changes_only_r5en6nccdph29450icknf7k7t1op1ipq
drwxr-x---    2 root     root            40 Jan  1 07:18 ifp
drwxr-xr-x    5 501      staff          140 Jan  1 08:07 ubnt-bcast-relay
-rw-r--r--    1 Dennis   users        11878 Jan  1 08:00 ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz
srwxrwx---    1 root     vyattacf         0 Jan  1 07:18 ubnt.socket.cfgd
srwxrwx---    1 root     www-data         0 Jan  1 08:07 ubnt.socket.cli
srw-rw----    1 root     users            0 Jan  1 08:07 ubnt.socket.platd
srwxrwx---    1 root     www-data         0 Jan  1 08:07 ubnt.socket.statsd
srwxrwx---    1 root     www-data         0 Jan  1 08:07 ubnt.socket.sysd

Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/$ ls -la /tmp/ubnt-bcast-relay
total 8
drwxr-xr-x    5 501      staff          140 Jan  1 08:07 .
drwxrwxrwt    7 root     root           380 Jan  1 08:09 ..
drwxr-xr-x    2 501      staff           60 Jan  1 08:07 binaries
-rwxr-xr-x    1 501      staff          894 Jun  2  2015 install.sh
drwxr-xr-x    2 501      staff           80 Jan  1 08:07 scripts
drwxr-xr-x    3 501      staff           60 Jun  2  2015 templates-cfg
-rw-r--r--    1 501      staff          417 Jun  2  2015 uninstall.sh

Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:/$

Thanks a lot for your help, again!

Best regards,

Dennis

Established Member

The files you need are all present, so just:

cd /tmp/ubnt-bcast-relay
sudo ./install.sh

I didn't know about the ./ in front of install.sh, that's been the reason why it didn't work. Maybe this little detail could be added to your original post 8 for other users with little knowledge of the cli language like me.

Now everything is fine, I was just able to configure the service properly.

Thanks a lot again for your big help and your information!

Established Member

@DennisSchmitt, thanks for the feedback, I have updated post 8.

Hi @britannic

I'm sorry for needing to ask for your help once more :-)

I've just been testing my setup. Unfortunately the broadcasts to 255.255.255.255 are not relayed like I need them to be.

I have sent udp test packages to port 3804 via the PacketSender software. When sending them as unicast to the device in the other vlan (eth1), it works fine. Also when having the interfaces, where the devices are connected, on the switch0 interface, broadcasts work fine. They work fine as well to 10.0.1.255 as to 255.255.255.255, without the bcast-relay function.

But when having connected my two devices to eth0 and eth1 (like the bcast-relay is configured), udp broadcasts are not reflected to the other device.

Here's my config:

Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:~$ show configuration                                    
interfaces {                                                                    
    ethernet eth0 {                                                             
        address 10.0.0.1/24                                                     
        duplex auto                                                             
        speed auto                                                              
    }                                                                           
    ethernet eth1 {                                                             
        address 10.0.1.1/24                                                     
        duplex auto                                                             
        speed auto                                                              
    }                                                                           
    ethernet eth2 {                                                             
        duplex auto                                                             
        speed auto                                                              
    }                                                                           
    ethernet eth3 {                                                             
        duplex auto                                                             
        speed auto                                                              
    }                                                                           
    ethernet eth4 {                                                             
        duplex auto                                                             
        speed auto                                                              
    }                                                                           
    loopback lo {
    }
    switch switch0 {
        address 10.0.4.1/24
        mtu 1500
        switch-port {
            interface eth3 {
            }
            interface eth4 {
            }
            vlan-aware disable
        }
    }
}
service {
    bcast-relay {
        id 1 {
            description Soundcraft
            interface eth0
            interface eth1
            port 3804
        }
    }
    dhcp-server {
        disabled false
        hostfile-update disable
        shared-network-name DHCPdefault {
            authoritative disable
            subnet 10.0.0.0/24 {
                default-router 10.0.0.1
                dns-server 10.0.0.1
                lease 86400
                start 10.0.0.201 {
                    stop 10.0.0.249
                }
            }
        }
        shared-network-name DHCP_eth1 {
            authoritative disable
            subnet 10.0.1.0/24 {
                default-router 10.0.1.1
                lease 86400
                start 10.0.1.100 {
                    stop 10.0.1.249
                }
            }
        }
        shared-network-name DHCP_switch0 {
            authoritative disable
            subnet 10.0.4.0/24 {
                default-router 10.0.4.1
                lease 86400
                start 10.0.4.101 {
                    stop 10.0.4.200
                }
            }
        }
        use-dnsmasq disable
    }
    gui {
        http-port 80
        https-port 443
        older-ciphers enable
    }
    ssh {
        port 22
        protocol-version v2
    }
}
system {
    host-name EdgeRouterDSM25
    login {
        user Dennis {
            authentication {
                encrypted-password ****************
                plaintext-password ****************
            }
            full-name "Dennis Schmitt"
            level admin
        }
    }
    ntp {
        server 0.ubnt.pool.ntp.org {
        }
        server 1.ubnt.pool.ntp.org {
        }
        server 2.ubnt.pool.ntp.org {
        }
        server 3.ubnt.pool.ntp.org {
        }
    }
    syslog {
        global {
            facility all {
                level notice
            }
            facility protocols {
                level debug
            }
        }
    }
    time-zone UTC
}

Any ideas how to troubleshoot?

Thanks a lot,
best regards,
Dennis

Emerging Member
Kudos: 4

Hopefully I dont want to open a can of worms, lol, but has anyone tried this on a USG Pro?

Thought id ask here before bringing this thread into the USG forum...  I assume it would be similar, but if others have particular experiences that would be great! Man Happy

Established Member

You'll want to analyze the conversation using tcpdump on the router.

Also you mention a vlan, but there isn't one configured on your router, is it being handled in a switch connected to the router?

Do you also have firewall rules configured?

Here's an example for tcpdump:

sudo tcpdump ether broadcast and ether multicast

Looking at a specific interface:

sudo tcpdump -i eth0 ether broadcast and ether multicast

Hi @britannic

I'm sorry for not having made this more clear before - right now I just have two notebooks connected to eth0 and eth1, with no vlans configured. For testing purposes right now I just use this simplified setup, later on I will use vlans configured on my EdgeSwitch and vlan interfaces on EdgeRouter.

Right now, for testing purposes, I have absolutely no firewall rulesets configured.

I captured the traffic with tcpdump on both interfaces (eth0 and eth1) and filtered port 3804, for which the bcast-relay is configured and my udp test packets are sent from and to. You can see the unicast packet is being delivered an appears twice, the net-directed and the limited broadcasts are not received on eth1, they're also not received at the notebook on eth1. Here's the tcpdump output:

Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:~$ sudo tcpdump -i any udp port 3804
tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on any, link-type LINUX_SLL (Linux cooked), capture size 262144 bytes
16:38:04.126641 IP 10.0.0.201.3804 > 10.0.1.201.3804: UDP, length 15
16:38:04.126792 IP 10.0.0.201.3804 > 10.0.1.201.3804: UDP, length 15
16:38:18.830153 IP 10.0.0.201.3804 > 10.0.1.255.3804: UDP, length 15
16:38:28.566569 IP 10.0.0.201.3804 > 255.255.255.255.3804: UDP, length 15
^C
4 packets captured
4 packets received by filter
0 packets dropped by kernel

And here's once more my complete config that was running in the moment of capturing with tcpdump:

Password:                                                                       
Last login: Thu Jan  1 16:21:18 UTC 2015 from 10.0.0.201 on pts/0               
Welcome to EdgeOS                                                               
Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:~$ show configuration                                    
interfaces {                                                                    
    ethernet eth0 {                                                             
        address 10.0.0.1/24                                                     
        duplex auto                                                             
        speed auto                                                              
    }                                                                           
    ethernet eth1 {                                                             
        address 10.0.1.1/24                                                     
        duplex auto                                                             
        speed auto                                                              
    }                                                                           
    ethernet eth2 {                                                             
        duplex auto                                                             
        speed auto                                                              
    }                                                                           
    ethernet eth3 {                                                             
        duplex auto                                                             
        speed auto                                                              
    }                                                                           
    ethernet eth4 {                                                             
        duplex auto                                                             
        poe {                                                                   
            output pthru                                                        
        }
        speed auto
    }
    loopback lo {
    }
    switch switch0 {
        address 10.0.4.1/24
        mtu 1500
        switch-port {
            interface eth4 {
            }
            vlan-aware disable
        }
    }
}
service {
    bcast-relay {
        id 1 {
            interface eth0
            interface eth1
            port 3804
        }
    }
    dhcp-server {
        disabled false
        hostfile-update disable
        shared-network-name DHCP_eth1 {
            subnet 10.0.1.0/24 {
                default-router 10.0.1.1
                start 10.0.1.201 {
                    stop 10.0.1.249
                }
            }
        }
        shared-network-name DHCP_eth_0 {
            authoritative disable
            subnet 10.0.0.0/24 {
                default-router 10.0.0.1
                dns-server 10.0.0.1
                lease 300
                start 10.0.0.201 {
                    stop 10.0.0.249
                }
            }
        }
        use-dnsmasq disable
    }
    gui {
        http-port 80
        https-port 443
        older-ciphers enable
    }
    ssh {
        port 22
        protocol-version v2
    }
}
system {
    host-name EdgeRouterDSM25
    login {
        user Dennis {
            authentication {
                plaintext-password ****************
            }
            full-name "Dennis Schmitt"
            level admin
        }
        user ubnt {
            authentication {
            }
            level admin
        }
    }
    ntp {
        server 0.ubnt.pool.ntp.org {
        }
        server 1.ubnt.pool.ntp.org {
        }
        server 2.ubnt.pool.ntp.org {
        }
        server 3.ubnt.pool.ntp.org {
        }
    }
    syslog {
        global {
            facility all {
                level notice
            }
            facility protocols {
                level debug
            }
        }
    }
    time-zone UTC
}
Dennis@EdgeRouterDSM25:~$ 

Do you have any idea what could be the reason why the broadcasts are not being relayed correctly?

Once more, thanks a lot for your big help!!

Best regards,

Dennis

Established Member

[ Edited ]

@DennisSchmitt, see if you can get some more detailed output; start with these tcpdump parameters:

sudo tcpdump -vv ether broadcast

Emerging Member

[ Edited ]

Sorry in advance for the super-noob questions that follow.

My home network is setup as such: 

Modem --> ER PoE --> eth1 (LAN) --> switch --> wired clients (192.168.0.XXX)

--> eth4 (WLAN) --> AP-AC-LR --> wireless clients (192.168.1.XXX)

I have Sonos devices in the house, including wired and wireless. Similar to other people, I am not able to see my Sonos devices from my wireless device controller (e.g., iPhone) because it is connected to the WLAN subnet and the hardwired Sonos devices are on the LAN subnet. I can see the Sonos devices from my computer, which is wired and thus on the same subnet. 

The need to relay from one subnet to the other as described above with respect to ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz makes sense to me conceptually. The problem is that I know next to nothing about using command line and/or SSH. So though the instructions in post 8 seem very clear, I still am not comfortable with how exactly to implement them. Specifically:

re 2. Untar the tarball ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz in a directory on your EdgeRouter with space: e.g. cd /tmp; sudo tar zxvf ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz

- assume "cd /tmp" moves me into a "tmp" directory at the root of the EdgeRouter. But does this already exist or do I need to create that directory first? If so, with what command?

- how do I move the file onto the router in the first place? It seems to me that I need a filepath somewhere in the instruction "sudo tar zxvf ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz", above. Maybe it's implicit (i.e., in place of "ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz"), but I just don't know. In other words, is there another command I need to move the ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz file onto the EdgeRouter?

re 3. cd ubnt-bcast-relay/

- assume this moves me into a new directory created after untarring

re 4. sudo chmod 0755 ./install.sh

- I believe this changes permissions regarding the "install.sh" folder

re 5. sudo ./install.sh

- I believe this runs the installer

re 6. Now you can run configure
  - for my Sonos configuration with network configuration as above, I believe I would want to configure as follows:

set service bcast-relay id 1 description 'Sonos listener'
set service bcast-relay id 1 interface eth1
set service bcast-relay id 1 interface eth4
set service bcast-relay id 1 port 1900

- regarding above: I a not sure whether I have the order of the interfaces correct, and whether or not it matters

- based on other replies, I believe the right port is 1900

Is there much of a performance hit for setting up these relays? I only ask because I'm wondering whether it's worth having the segregated LANs given these types of issues. 

Many thanks in advance. 

USG / USW24PoE / AP-AC-LR / AP-LR / AP-IW Pro
Established Member

@NickTinSD,

• "/tmp" already exists, so need to create it.
  • chmod sets execute permissions (execute, read and write for root and execute and read for group members and others).  It doesn't change the "/tmp" folder permissions. 
  • Use this command to retrieve the file:
    cd /tmp; curl -o ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz http://community.ubnt.com/ubnt/attachments/ubnt/EdgeMAX/67208/1/ubnt-bcast-relay.tgz
  • "sudo ./install.sh" does indeed run the installer
  • for your point #6 it doesn't matter which order the interfaces are specified. The config will just capture your inputs and construct and run the actual command after the commit. You may also need to configure an additional relay for port 1901 (m-search responses). It would look like this: 
    set service bcast-relay id 2 description 'Sonos m-search responses'
    set service bcast-relay id 2 interface eth1
    set service bcast-relay id 2 interface eth4
    set service bcast-relay id 2 port 1901
  • However, don't add the second relay if everything works with just the first one.