Multiple PS4 in same network

Hi there,

I've got 2 Playstations 4 at home and would like to get them both on a OPEN nat type for Call of Duty WW2.

Setup:

eth0: wan interface

eth1: local network

ps4(1): 192.168.1.10 static

ps4(2): 192.168.1.11 static

Can you guys help me get this done in the most secure way?

Thanks

Sander

Emerging Member
Kudos: 27
Solutions: 6

Re: Multiple PS4 in same network

Hi Sander.

It is not possible to open (portforward) one port to 2 difrent adresses, not on any router running NAT. One port can only be forwarded to one adress.

-Brian

Emerging Member
Kudos: 4
Solutions: 4

A quick Google search shows that COD:WWII uses a range of TCP/UDP ports; 3478-3480. 

You should be able to forward one port to PS4_1 and the other port to PS4_2. This way the PS4's shouldn't cause a conflict on the game servers.

Kudos: 178
Solutions: 63

Very true. As a tcp/udp connection is 1:1, it can't be splitted in 1:2. Basic network mechanics.

As long as psn and/or the game offer alternative ports, you might want to try to assign them manually as mentioned by @hy2rogen. Forward port1 to PS4-A and port2 to PS4-B. If it still doesn't work, you might try UPnP. Although I'm not a big fan of UPnP, it can handle multiple consoles in one network automatically.

Thanks for the replies!

So far I am trying to get a open connection on 1 PS4 but is still not working...

Maybe I am doing something wrong here I've attached a screenshot of the config.

Can you help?

Sander

snipp.PNG
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 2

Try to add a new rule in your rulesets at Firewall Policies and you can also group your ports forwarding rules in only one rule:

erl1.pngerl2.pngerl3.png

Kudos: 230
Solutions: 26

@mmosollwrote:

Try to add a new rule in your rulesets at Firewall Policies and you can also group your ports forwarding rules in only one rule:

You never add firewall rules that work with things int he port forwarding section. One or the other. Port forwarding handles firewall rules for things listed there.

Kudos: 230
Solutions: 26

@STK0000wrote:

Thanks for the replies!

So far I am trying to get a open connection on 1 PS4 but is still not working...

Maybe I am doing something wrong here I've attached a screenshot of the config.

Can you help?

Sander

As you were told, you cannot forward the same port more than one time.

I'm not going to bother googling your game, but what is the purpose of this? The router naturally handles these types of thing.

Creating a port forward permanently makes your system open to anyoneon the planet for attack on the specified port.