Highlighted
Kudos: 593
Solutions: 4
Accepted Solution

Need setup help for OpenVPN Client (Using Private Internet Access)

Hi All,

I"m having trouble getting the OpenVPN client working on my ERL.  I added the openvpn interface and filled in the .ovpn config file, then changed the NAT to the vtun0 interface.  I also have zone firewall policies setup, and have a subnet setup for the VPN.  I thought it was logical to assign the VPN virtual interface to the VPN zone policy (not sure if that's right).  I also noticed that when I created the vpn interface, it created a "tun0" interface, eventhough when I added the openvpn interface that one is vtun0.  When I try to add it to the VPN zone, my only option is the tun0 one... after the interface was created, NAT updated, and interface added to the zone policy, I can't get any internet from the WAN interface.  Even if I switch NAT back to eth0 (wan interface) I can't get internet.

Attached is a sanitized config.boot, and my .ovpn config file.  Any and all help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachment
Attachment

Accepted Solutions
Previous Employee
Kudos: 5465
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

Re: Need setup help for OpenVPN Client (Using Private Internet Access)

The "dev tun" line in the .ovpn file should be changed to "dev-type tun" to prevent it from overriding the interface name as discussed before.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Previous Employee
Kudos: 5465
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

The "dev tun" line in the .ovpn file should be changed to "dev-type tun" to prevent it from overriding the interface name as discussed before.

Kudos: 593
Solutions: 4

Thanks ancheng discovered that just when you posted your response.