Kudos: 91
Solutions: 6

Re: Offloading-Flow randomly "jumps" from Offload-Engine to Linux / ER-Pro8 / v.1.10.0

@UbiquitiEmployees... what are you using as Router on your Network in your company? Are you also using EdgeMax? ^^ Why do we discover such issues before you do?

The simple answer is, that you do not use EdgeMax :-P

Why is your quality assurance so bad?

Do you have no unit tests?

Enable / disable Offload.

Enable / disable Netflow.

Reboot router and check if all BGP-Peers get the correct informations (advertised prefixes)

Check the neighbour if advertising-information match with the received-prefixes...

and so on.

Kudos: 16
Solutions: 1

Re: Offloading-Flow randomly "jumps" from Offload-Engine to Linux / ER-Pro8 / v.1.10.0

I think, and I may be wrong here, but I don't think many people are using these routers in high bandwidth, high pps environments with full BGP routes. It's difficult to reproduce this kind of traffic for testing.

I moved our BGP to vyos on a bare metal server and having much better performance, but I rather have it on our edgerouters. This is a critical bug!
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 1

Any updates to this? Any plans to refactor the offload engine any further or is this as good as it gets?
Kudos: 91
Solutions: 6

A quick-fix is mostly the last fix.

I think that nobody have ever touched that implementation since the quick-fix was released.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 2

Hi All,

Same reboot for my ER8 after disabling offloading on 1.10.8 version :-(
@UBNT-afomins ??