Kudos: 1

PPTP passthrough

I am having trouble getting PPTP traffic to pass through my Edgerouter Lite.

There are a few toppics on this issue in this forum but they all seem to offer a different solution and none of the sollutions seem to work for me.

I have a PPTP server on my LAN to which I can connect from the LAN without any problems.

I want to configure the Edgerouter to allow PPTP traffic to passthrough from the internet. 

This is what I have done so far and which is a solution that seems to have been succesfull for other users:

I created a portforward rule for tcp port 1723 to my internal PPTP server (see screenshot).

Then I created an accept rule on the WAN_IN interface to allow the GRE protocol (see screenshot).

The remote client seems to be able to authenticate to the PPTP server but it is not able to setup a tunnel.

Do I need to enable or disable the conntrack modules for GRE and PPTP?

Thank you for your help.

Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 1

Re: PPTP passthrough

Hi

I have a server running on my network with PPTP configured.

I have taken screen shots of my Port Forwarding Rules and Firewall Rules.

Mine works perfectly, i just cant get the VPN on the edge router working which is another issue for another post.

If you copy my rules your PPTP VPN Will or should work, I can connect to it via Mobile Phone, PC or Laptop.

Hope this helps.

FWRules.png
PortForward.png
Kudos: 1

This worked for me, thank you.

Kudos: 21
Solutions: 1

No problem, thanks for the update. if you can mark the post as the solution it will help others when and if they need help with the same issue