Problem upgrading Edgerouter X-SFP to 1.10.7

I tried applying 1.10.7 through the web GUI on an Edgerouter X-SFP. It was uploaded successfully and got the message to reboot.

But the router is now completely unresponsive.

Only eth0 seems to be alive (led on) but I cannot communicate with it on any IPs (default or mine)

Factory reset also does not work while the device is already running. Factory reset during power-on works, but again no response from 192.168.1.1

Any suggestions? Are such cases eligible for RMA?

Thanks in advance

Kudos: 81
Solutions: 23

Re: Problem upgrading Edgerouter X-SFP to 1.10.7

Hi @dimkasta

It seems like you've follow the reset guide: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205202620-EdgeRouter-Reset-to-Factory-Defaults#3

Are you connected directly to eth0 after the reset, while configured static IP (192.168.1.2) on your computer, when connecting to 192.168.1.1?

Have you tried to see if the SSH recovery is possible?
https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002231073-EdgeRouter-How-to-Use-SSH-Recovery-

Unfortunately yes I did try with staticaly defined IP while connected on eth0

And no it appears I do not have SSH recovery available

Thanks for your input though

The device was RMAed after all.
I am waiting for the new one today

Thanks for updating. Let's hope it was a one-off bad hardware.

I decided to setup UNMS this time.

It gave me a good scare too Man Happy

I got a message that the upgrade failed, and yet the router rebooted after a while and when it reconnected it had the new firmware.

I was lucky I did not try anything funny with it after the failure message appeared on UNMS.

@dimkasta
UNMS is still in very early stages, but I've been using it for almost a year and quite happy with the progress so far.
I've seen other people having upgrade-failure messages, but that was a while ago and usually when coming from specific firmware versions.
If you want, backup the UNMS support file, create a post in the UNMS forum and describe what you did and what happened, then Radek will most likely ask for your support file, so they can look into the problem.