Kudos: 1

Re: Requests/suggestions for new hardware models

br2.png

Kudos: 1

I can not use switch wizard. it not support bandwitdh control.

I need this br2.png

Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

I would like to see an ER-X with 10 ports. 5 ports bottom and 5 ports top, densly packed like the current ER-X. I would also like it to be able to do etherchannels (port channel, trunk, whatever) of 2 and 4 port combos (not 8) across any and all ports that is hardware offloaded. Oh, and add a console port out the back.

I could have one 4 port etherchannel into an ESXi box, another 4 port etherchannel into a distribution switch, and 2 ports left over for Internet and DMZ.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 18
Solutions: 1

Nano Text Editor

For those of us that aren't comfortable with the vi syntax, can you add the CLI text editor Nano to a forthcoming release?

Thanks

Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 1052
Solutions: 152

Re: Nano Text Editor

@iposner wrote:

For those of us that aren't comfortable with the vi syntax, can you add the CLI text editor Nano to a forthcoming release?

Thanks

That wouldn't really be a hardware request and would likely be better posted in the Feature Requests section.  The need for a text-editor is very limited on an ER, so you may want to provide some specific use cases to go with that request.

Kudos: 337
Solutions: 45

Especially considering it's very trivial to add it by adding the system package in the config, updating apt, then installing with apt-get. 

Hello everyone,
as a suggestion I would ask you the courtesy to align your EdgeOS platform to the last Debian stable so that, for me that I am part of the wireless community network Ninux.org I can install the Quagga Zebra plugin on my edgerouter to announce the OLSR routes inside BGP, which I can not do now because this Wheezy plugin is not present in the Debian repo.

Another suggestion, on the hardware side, would be to create a router like the 3 lite edgerouter but only with 2 or 3 SFP + 10 gbit ports, with EdgeOS and packages in line with the last Debian Stable.
We at Ninux.org in Italy use the EdgeRouter 3 Lite with the OLSR package as a routing protocol and, shortly, with the adoption of AC antennas (litebeam, nanostation loco, powerbeam) we will overcome the capacity of the gbit cable and therefore being able to continue to use a ubiquite product like the edgerouter but in the 10gbit / s version even with only 2 ports would be fantastic.

BR

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1627
Solutions: 130

@Super_Treje wrote:

I would ask you the courtesy to align your EdgeOS platform to the last Debian stable

EdgeOS 2.0 will bring a more modern kernel, but there is a dependency on the Cavium SDK that UBNT does not control.

1. 1*sfp10gbps port, discrete link to cpu

2. ships with programmable gpon sfp (1310tx, 1490&1550rx) module; most of europe uses pathetic locked down onts for ftth

3. 6*1gbps ethernet ports, with individual phy link to the cpu, ie real switch

4. passive 48v poe out on all ports

5. bigger, but not rackmount, vented case with adequate heatsink

6. usb 3.0 port (for lan storage)

7. deployment

fiber from isp to sfp gpon

wifi aps on eth0&1, iptv clients on eth2 switch, lan clients on eth3-5 with extra poe switches if required

8. price - $250/€210 w/o sfp gpon, $50/€40 for the module

are there any plans to release something like ER6, but with 48V input?

we need it to use in places with 48VDC , like mobile operator's base stations.

thank you!

a product somewhere in the middle between the ER4 and the ER-8-XG would be nice.  It seems like the ER4 has better performance than all of the models that are more expensive except for the ER-8-XG.

Kudos: 9

ER-4 type router, but with an integrated DOCSIS 3.0/3.1 Cablemodem

Kudos: 112
Solutions: 7

Ethernet is standard and makes the router relatively universal.

If the cable modem is included then the market for the product more limited, and the DOCSIS standard keeps changing, making your router become obsolete much sooner than it would otherwise be.

Also, it adds significant costs to get the device Certified.  First with CableLabs, and then with each individual cable company.

Kudos: 40
Solutions: 5

But it saves allot of space when its included, then they might aswell also build a cmts. And make it like the ufiber system but then with coaxial, i suspect that it would really sell at holiday place like campinggrounds etc that already got a coaxial network as they dont want to invest in complete redo of all cables, or make an ethernet over coaxial system like televes but then better