Routing 3 internet connections

hey guys is it possible to aggerate 3 internet connections together from all 3 locations on my Ptmp network?

currently AP is a 

LiteBeam 5AC-16-120

connected to a edgerouter lite

and other 2 clients are using 

LiteBeam-5AC-Gen2 - 23dBi

to connect to my AP

all 3 locations have internet connection my aim is to combine them to have better speed.

Established Member
Kudos: 477
Solutions: 46

Re: Routing 3 internet connections

Where are the Internet connections located? All at the Edgerouter site or all at the client sites? Or ?
Please don't forget to kudo helpful posts and mark accepted solutions accordingly!
jcm.me - Personal Site | Joyn.Tech - Consulting Site

Add Auto-Provisioning Support to UNMS

@Joyn one on every site. 

Established Member

We need to understand traffic flow a little more...

Do you also have clients at each site that you wish to use this aggregated internet connectivity for or are all clients coming from the main site?
Please don't forget to kudo helpful posts and mark accepted solutions accordingly!

[ Edited ]

@Joyn yes i would like to combine them so we can have one big connection between us, im trying this because one of the clients can only get a crappy connection so i would like to try combine them so we can all utalise better speeds

Established Member

So clients are at the same site as the ISP connections or no? You could actually end up making the service worse by backhauling the traffic and then retransmitting it to the remote sites. Wireless backhaul tends to add a lot of latency/jitter compared to the wireline connections.

@Joyn its more for a failover they will still use there own connection but also be combined  so if theres goes down they have somthing to keep going

SuperUser
Kudos: 5104
Solutions: 1455

might be a good idea to draw a picture... 

If these are three different residences, you may run into the ISP's rules about "sharing" the connection (most don't allow it).

Established Member

Failover and aggregation are two different things. So yes, failover is completely possible. Just put an Edgerouter at each site and advertise your client subnets to each edgerouter and a default route from each edgerouter with the proper metric according to your failover priority. Keep in mind if you don’t have your own IP address space that IP addressing won’t be “portable” from provider to provider and any PAT rules would have to be replicated everywhere.