Highlighted
Kudos: 3

Scroll bar not being displayed on Edit Ruleset

Hi,

I've run into a serious problem with the Edit Ruleset screen on ERL Running 1.6 release.

I have a large ruleset for historical reason and the Edit screen is being displayed without scrollbars making it impossible to use.

erl_problem.jpg

I've reproduced the problem on multiple computers running multiple using multiple browser versions so I'm pretty sure it's something on the ERL.

I have found vaguely similar reports of missing scroll bars going back to v1.5a1 but they are supposed to have been fixed in 1.5b1 so does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this ?

SuperUser
Kudos: 4929
Solutions: 1391

Re: Scroll bar not being displayed on Edit Ruleset

Matchstick wrote:

I have found vaguely similar reports of missing scroll bars going back to v1.5a1 but they are supposed to have been fixed in 1.5b1 so does anyone have any suggestions to resolve this ?

Use the CLI Biggrin5

Maybe @UBNT-stig will have some insight though... 

Kudos: 9

greetings from the firehawk! Heart

i have this problem too!

if there are many firewall rules, then i cannot scroll thru them and push any buttons Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)

Previous Employee
Kudos: 5429
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

Yeah as discussed before this is an issue in 1.6 and has been fixed in the current development code. For now you might try the new "Config Tree" feature in the Web UI when there are many firewall rules.

Kudos: 3

Is there any ETA on an alpha or beta version that might include this fix ?

Kudos: 20
Solutions: 2

Yeah, I reported this something-like the day before 1.6.0 went prod, but it couldn't get fixed in time.

I have tried the config tree.  It looks very good for minor tweaks here-and-there, but no way you can configure a bunch of rules with that in any reasonable amount of effort.

I think this is a bigger bug than ubnt is making it out to be. It makes the router unusable for decent-sized rulesets.  So it'll be fixed at some point in the future...when there is another release...which is unspecified...

I will probably investigate how to dump the existing rules into a text file and copy-and-paste them to add new rules then re-import that config file.  It's probably the easiest way to go for the time being (someone above recommended something similar).

Kudos: 9

or we could export the config., downgrade to 1.5, re-upload the config add the firewall rules, export the new config w/ new added firewall rules, "upgrade" to 1.6 and import the config w/ the now-new firewall rules Smiley LOL

Previous Employee
Kudos: 3092
Solutions: 945
Contributions: 16

Or CLI.

EdgeMAX Router Software Development

@stig:

Right, like I said, good excuse to learn the CLI a bit to workaround the bug.

Can you give me a starting point with a few cmds to dump the current rulesets (or a specific one) so I can use a text editor to make changes and then re-load the changes?  You probably know them off the top of your head and would go a long way in getting me started! Man Happy

Previous Employee

"show configuration" shows the hierarchacal config.

"show configuration commands" shows the "set" commands.

I often directly edit the config file at /config/config.boot, but probably not recommended for a production network.

In my case I'm just trying to get this router into production...is it "safe enough" to sftp the config.boot file off the router and edit it and then (back it up and) replace it?

Previous Employee

If you edit on a Windows PC it'll add ^M to ever line.  I'm not sure if the router will ignore that.

Oh, I have text editors that will only add unix EOLs, that's not a problem.