05-03-2017 03:41 AM
We are facing stability issues on our office network - no internet access sometimes while WAN is up - and for exmaple when editting coingiguration - during comitting X-SFP becomes unreachbale, and is bringing network down (running over 13 OpenVPN conencitosn to other sites).
Now we have a Pro8 on stock, and I want to know when exported X-SFP config - can we upload config.boot into Pro8?
We just use eth0 for WAN and eth1 for LAN with switch behind it for VLANS and eth2 for another server on X-SFP
05-03-2017 05:36 AM
as @ClaudeSS says, this is pretty easy
1. give the ER-8 at least a base config (e.g. WAN + LAN wizard), which'll help smooth over any issues that may arise from trying to put a full config on a factory-defaults router.
2. after loading the config, delete any references to switch0 (as the ER-8 doesn't have one )
3. after loading the config, re-add eth5,6,7 ( set interfaces ethernet ethX ), so they don't disappear on you.
Loading the config itself is dead simple:
1. grab config.boot from the ER-X
2. Upload it to the ER-8 (e.g. /config/config.erx)
3. enter configure mode
4. load /config/config.erx
5. (points 2 & 3 above)
7. if all looks well from the 'compare', commit (then save).
8. log out of the router, you're all done.