Emerging Member
Kudos: 481

UBNT-ancheng no longer with UBNT

[ Edited ]

I see UBNT-ancheng is no longer with UBNT.  Confused5 I hope loosing one of they key people on the edgemax team will not slow the development.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1102
Solutions: 231

Re: UBNT-ancheng no longer with UBNT

@dumiller We have a full team that is working hard. You will continue to see big updates in both software and hardware.

Kudos: 114
Solutions: 1

With a great loss, comes a great gain in the form of @UBNT-cmb who while it seems will be concentrating on the UniFI line, may well be dabbling in some Edge stuff too Man Happy

ER-PRO-SENSE anyone? Man Wink

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1855
Solutions: 816

I'm wondering...how many designers are on the Edgemax team? 

Maybe there are members that don't participate in the forums.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 5321
Solutions: 344

LondonBenji wrote:

With a great loss, comes a great gain in the form of @UBNT-cmb who while it seems will be concentrating on the UniFI line, may well be dabbling in some Edge stuff too Man Happy

Man Happy Yes, UniFi is my primary focus, and USG mostly among that, but since EdgeOS is the base of USG I'll certainly be involved in EdgeMAX as well. Also involved in discussions and planning on its future. 

Previous Employee
Kudos: 3125
Solutions: 945
Contributions: 16

[ Edited ]

16again wrote:

I'm wondering...how many designers are on the Edgemax team? 

Maybe there are members that don't participate in the forums.

Several of the other developers are in Taiwan and Latvia with different time-zones.  I have seen posts from @UBNT-mlin for QoS & ER-X, @UBNT-afomins and @UBNT-Feng are mostly handling the new routing stack.

EdgeMAX Router Software Development
SuperUser
Kudos: 5107
Solutions: 1455

On the upside, we still have @ubnt-[the]stig Man Happy

dpurgert wrote:

Some say he has an ERPro-8-XG for testing.... and that he could release more details about UBNT's up and coming 10G router but that his voice cannot be heard by mere humans without their heads imploding. All I know is, he's called THE STIG.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 5321
Solutions: 344

LondonBenji wrote:

dpurgert wrote:

Some say he has an ERPro-8-XG for testing.... and that he could release more details about UBNT's up and coming 10G router but that his voice cannot be heard by mere humans without their heads imploding. All I know is, he's called THE STIG.

Man LOL Best name ever, right? I told my wife before I started here, "Ubiquiti has a Stig". Later she asked me "so what's the Stig's real name?". Uh, that is his real name. "No way, that's awesome!" Later she came in while we were chatting about something on Slack, "oh, you're talking to the Stig". He'll only be referenced as "the Stig" by her no doubt. 

<insert bad jokes starting with "some say..." in a poor attempt at a British accent, asking where his helmet is, etc.>

Smiley LOL

SuperUser
Kudos: 5107
Solutions: 1455

he was at wispapalooza last year.  Someone got this photo.

the_stig.jpg

Ihih

Previous Employee
Kudos: 3125
Solutions: 945
Contributions: 16

If you ever saw the episode with his American cousin (AKA The Fat Stig) that would be more like me. ;-)   

EdgeMAX Router Software Development

UBNT-stig wrote:

If you ever saw the episode with his American cousin (AKA The Fat Stig) that would be more like me. ;-)   

Doesn't matter, I'm British (living in the US) so I still say/hear it in the British accent!

Now about those 10Gb EdgeRouters.....