Re: VISIO shapes/stencils

Awesome stencil collection. Spot on. Thanks very much for putting so much time into this!

hey, it looks like your site is broken Bobby

anyone have a mirror?

Kudos: 355

Fixed.

Hi Bobby-B,

first, let me thank you for all the effort you're consistently putting into UBNT stencils. It's unfortunate, that these don't receive much love from the manufacturer. After all, making it easy for installers to plan and document also drives sales.

I tried the 2013 version the other night and noticed that there are no connection points at the ports - is that to be expected? All I could do was draw lines from one device to another, which doesn't help much. Maybe it's because I'm using Visio 2016?

Would be great if you could elaborate, I might just be a bit slow today. Hey, it's a Monday after all. Yawn

Cheers,

Ragnir

Highlighted
Kudos: 355

Ragnir,

You are correct, sir - I did not create any connection points on the stencils just because of how long it would take to do every shape. The good news is that it's super easy to do yourself, and I believe that is what other people are doing based on some past conversations in this thread. 

Here is a video demo of how to do it in Visio 2016. Do let me know if you need any additional help with it and I can probably help you out.

Add or Remove connection points in Visio 2016 - YouTube

-Bobby