Re: VISIO shapes/stencils

Awesome stencil collection. Spot on. Thanks very much for putting so much time into this!

hey, it looks like your site is broken Bobby

anyone have a mirror?

Kudos: 377

Fixed.

Hi Bobby-B,

first, let me thank you for all the effort you're consistently putting into UBNT stencils. It's unfortunate, that these don't receive much love from the manufacturer. After all, making it easy for installers to plan and document also drives sales.

I tried the 2013 version the other night and noticed that there are no connection points at the ports - is that to be expected? All I could do was draw lines from one device to another, which doesn't help much. Maybe it's because I'm using Visio 2016?

Would be great if you could elaborate, I might just be a bit slow today. Hey, it's a Monday after all. Yawn

Cheers,

Ragnir

Highlighted

Ragnir,

You are correct, sir - I did not create any connection points on the stencils just because of how long it would take to do every shape. The good news is that it's super easy to do yourself, and I believe that is what other people are doing based on some past conversations in this thread. 

Here is a video demo of how to do it in Visio 2016. Do let me know if you need any additional help with it and I can probably help you out.

Add or Remove connection points in Visio 2016 - YouTube

-Bobby

In the set that you made, Is there a rackmount version of the 16-150W and the USG?

Kudos: 4

[ Edited ]

Hi Everybody,

We have compiled a full library of stencils for Visio.

You can find them at the following link: https://www.ymtech.com.au/downloads-page/

Please let me know if anything is missing.

I hope this is helpful.

YMtech

Kudos: 13
Solutions: 3

Hi Bobby-B.... looks like your site is down again, so can't grab your stencils

@TSteigerwald wrote:
Hi,

is there a different program for macOS or iOS that I could use those stencils for Visio, since it is not available for Mac or iPad?
I've seen those stencils and they look great, that's why I want to use them.

Thanks.

Regards

Hi,

Omnigraffel can read Visio files

Regards

Mark

Hi Bobby,

I downloaded the stencils from Ubiquiti but not much use to me with the way I do my diagrams and not fond of their top view.  I tried to get to yours and see this message:

unavailable.png

Site is back up.

I'm I doing something wrong.  clicked your link and it brings me to a page with just lines of jibberish.

Hmmm looks like it’s working on for me. I can email you a Dropbox link and you can give that a try. Doesn’t look like you’ve been on the community long enough for a PM. 

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes I'm new to this community.

I figured I would try it again before I took you up on your dropbox offer. It still gave me the jibberish page in firefox. So I tried it with chrome and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again

Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

Thank you for your work on these.  Any chance of getting the bigger UniFi switches?  I have a couple US-48's and US-480-500's.  For now I'm using a Dell stencil just so I can properly mark all our VLANs but I'd like to use a proper Ubiquiti stencil if possible.

[ Edited ]

@jlordunifi wrote:
It still gave me the jibberish page in firefox. So I tried it with chrome and it worked perfectly.

Right click the link and "Save Link As..." in FireFox.  For some reason FireFox is trying to render the stencil file as a web page, hence the jibberish.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 13

Anyone got a mirror of this file? His site is down again.

Thanks.

I really need to find a new hosting company. I’ll get you a Dropbox link in a few. 

Thanks mate, I was just looking for these and finding the site was down again - dropbox link worked fine, and the stencils continue to be great.