Kudos: 174
Accepted Solution

VLAN?

Hi - I can't seem to get a VLAN setup and working. Anyone have a config file or GUI screen shots they would be willing to share? My goal is to replicate all properties of the physical "eth1" SOHO example as a VLAN under the physical "eth0".  The VLAN can use either its own DHCP server or a shared DHCP server with eth0.  I don't want eth0 VLAN users and eth0 LAN user to communicate.  The VLAN will server as a segregated guest network.

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions
Previous Employee
Kudos: 5474
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

Re: VLAN?

Yeah for firewalling between the two interfaces, there have been some discussions on the forum before that may have some relevant information, for example, this thread.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 29
Solutions: 8

I had a similar desire and was told that when a new vlan is created routing is automatically created for all ports and VLANs on the ERL and the only to stop the connectivity is through a firewall rule.  I haven't tried enabling a firewall rule for this, but did find this from another posting.

ubnt@ubnt# show firewall

name LAN_PUBLIC_IN {

default-action accept

rule 1 {

action drop

destination {

address 192.168.0.0/24

}

}

}

Previous Employee
Kudos: 5474
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

Yeah for firewalling between the two interfaces, there have been some discussions on the forum before that may have some relevant information, for example, this thread.

Kudos: 174

UBNT-ancheng,

Thanks - I checked the links, but I could not find any examples (CLI or GUI) for setting up a VLAN with DHCP like "eth0" or "eth1" from the SOHO configuration?
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 289

@one1otter wrote:
... setting up a VLAN with DHCP like "eth0" or "eth1" from the SOHO configuration?

DHCP server is IP subnet and range based, so say if you use SOHO eth1 address under your current VLAN interface, then you can keep using SOHO DHCP server shared-network-name wireless-eth1 config with diffirent sharedw-network-name - delete the old one, set a new one.