VPN PROBLEMS STILL

Ok guys i had another post and one of you guys got me going on the VPN , the vpn service was no good so i switched, this one is better i setup it pretty much the same way as last one, the prob is that certain applications and my xbox things like that do not work at all they will not connect to anything. And some applications on my computer wont work over the internet. I tried taking off the firewall completely and forwarding all ports assuming i did right nothing works. The only difference i see in this VPN compared to last is once this one connects it shows a local IP address that is completely different than what i'm connecting to and its connected to my pptpc0 interface. Do i need to direct incoming traffic to that IP? or my internet ip of my client completely confusing. Here is my setup i know the firewall is off not worried about that at this point especially since all traffic is going through vpn anyway. But anybody have any idea how to xbox going its running eth2 typically right now its not connected cause i cant even get all the apps to work on my computer pretty much just email and web browsing everything else isnt. I think its a NAT problem but i dont know what else to do with nat its set to masq for the whole interface nothing special.

Re: VPN PROBLEMS STILL

Nobody knows?

Previous Employee
Kudos: 3142
Solutions: 945
Contributions: 16

Why do you have the pptpc0 mtu set to the same size as the tcp mss-clamp?   Try deleting the 1400 mtu on pptpc0.

EdgeMAX Router Software Development

I've tried it with mtu untouched also with no clamping and mtu set or clamping and no mtu doesn't seem to matter, I really think its Nat related but dunno what to do with it, or maybe routing still but doesn't explain why http works

Originally when i get vpn up i didnt have any mtu settings, i set this this vpn up the same way and alot of the ports arent working i'm starting to think its on the vpn SERVER end because the other worked just real slow, but th vpn claims they dont block any ports but the way they setup IP is completely different and i think its causing routing probs for certain apps, but dunno what to do, whenever the vpn is connected it shows an IP 10.200.20/0 but my server ip for the vpn is a 199.*.*.*/ so i go routing going through the 199 but dont know what to do with this 10 address but when i do a capture it shows stuff routing to that 10 address doesnt make any sense.

Previous Employee
Kudos: 3142
Solutions: 945
Contributions: 16

You want the mss at least 40 bytes smaller than mtu.

EdgeMAX Router Software Development

do i need clamping or should i run just straight clamping leave the mtu alone the vpn claims you should have 1400 but i dont know where to set the 1400 only on the pptpc0 or on everythign since all traffic is running through it, when i get home i'll try to set it up without conflicting clamping but originally i dont think clamping was even on there and nothing changed it just only lets your run of the mill ports through and the ones that do work, work really well web is blazing fast which makes me think its some sort of port forwarding nat because that stuff that is working is workign really good not slow, but cant seem to get other ports to work.