Emerging Member
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 3
Accepted Solution

Warranty void on flash upgrade?

Does flash upgrade (to higher capacity) by user void hardware warranty?

Accepted Solutions
Veteran Member
Kudos: 2751
Solutions: 129

Re: Warranty void on flash upgrade?

Probably... That said in my experience other than the memory issue (which only affected the first batches of units, and even then seemed to be quite rare and usually exhibit symptoms fairly quickly) the only issue I've had with my ERL's has been the flash dieing...

And for the price of the unit I daresay you can probably affort to void the warranty on a few of them...

That said, it's not like there's any warranty void if broken stickers to break, and if you swapped the usb stick back to the stock one before sending it in for an RMA I'm not sure how they'd be able to tell... (As long as the failure wasn't caused by something related to your aftermarket modifications that is - if you tried to plug a 2.5" usb external hdd in and blew the power rail I suspect they might cotton on and have something to say about it...)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Veteran Member
Kudos: 2751
Solutions: 129

Re: Warranty void on flash upgrade?

Probably... That said in my experience other than the memory issue (which only affected the first batches of units, and even then seemed to be quite rare and usually exhibit symptoms fairly quickly) the only issue I've had with my ERL's has been the flash dieing...

And for the price of the unit I daresay you can probably affort to void the warranty on a few of them...

That said, it's not like there's any warranty void if broken stickers to break, and if you swapped the usb stick back to the stock one before sending it in for an RMA I'm not sure how they'd be able to tell... (As long as the failure wasn't caused by something related to your aftermarket modifications that is - if you tried to plug a 2.5" usb external hdd in and blew the power rail I suspect they might cotton on and have something to say about it...)