Kudos: 10
Solutions: 2

Webserver on the Edgemax

I have a Question. Does anybody has a little bit expirience with running a simple Webserver on the Edgemax to provide a Intranet etc? Is there a possibility to run a Webserver, e.g. Nginx, on a seperate IP Adress? How can I create a seperate IP Adress? When I add a second IP Adress to an Interface, then the Edgemax already allocate the Webinterface 80Port to that IP. How can I prevent that?

Kudos: 68
Solutions: 12

Re: Webserver on the Edgemax

Bind configuration interface only to ip you need (usually on the lan side).

set service gui listen-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Ports 80 and 443 will be free on all other "local" addresses.

Thank You. Is there a possibility to bind to all IP's except a certain IP?
Kudos: 68
Solutions: 12

Exclusion (exclamation mark) is only supported in firewall rules, so you will have to execute that command for each ip address you want gui to be available on.

This don't free up the 80 Port. What can I do?

Established Member
Kudos: 893
Solutions: 39
Contributions: 1

[ Edited ]

This is for traffic coming from the internet to a server behind the router, yes? You need a NAT rule that maps port 80 on your WAN to your internal web server. You then need a firewall rule that allows WAN traffic to the internal ip of the webserver on port 80. 

If it's internal traffic, you need a dns entry for the webserver (assuming you are accessing by domain name) that points to the internal ip address, or hairpin nat.

Or are you trying to run a separate web server on the router itself? 

Veteran Member
Kudos: 2750
Solutions: 173

ERL unit will only do a Port forward.

1. So first you need to set the http port on the ERL unit to something else besides 80, such as 8080, or 8888. Just remember next time you log into it that you changed it.

2. Enter the new Internet address that you are assigning to the webserver into the internet IP address list of the WAN port on the ERL.

3. Then do your Port forward from this new outside IP address to the inside IP address for TCP port 80 that you want to use for your webserver.

4. Make sure that you have NAT setup on the LAN port so the webserver can access the Internet from inside.

5. The Gateway address of the webserver will be the LAN port IP address of the ERL that it is connected too.

Hope that helps?

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your Answer. First I wanted to run the Webserver for my internal Page on the Edgemax. But I've now decided to run the Website on a dedicated Raspberry Pi. So I can't destroy anything on the main, "hot" edgemax Man Happy And it's some sort of easier to configure.