Kudos: 58
Solutions: 2

config-management stopped working on 1.6

[ Edited ]

After upgrading to 1.6. The autobackup of config has stoped working on both of my ERL-Lites. Looks like the upgrade removed the known-hosts file. After getting the target into known_hosts the upload stil fails, and I have cannot find any logs reporting on the error.

Logs on the target just says: Connection closed by "ERL IP" [preauth]

You should try to have the known_hosts file survive an upgrade in the future Man Happy

Previous Employee
Kudos: 5429
Solutions: 1656
Contributions: 2

Re: config-management stopped working on 1.6

Could you confirm if this is only an issue with upgrading to 1.6, or if it has always been like this (which is probably the case since I don't think upgrade has changed in that area)? Also, if you were changing the "ubnt" user's known_hosts file, try adding it to the "root" user's known_hosts file since some operations are done as root as discussed before. We could also look into preserving the known_hosts files of course.

I can confirm that this has worked. It may have broken before 1.6, last auto-backup is from 20.10.2014.

I have no ubnt user on my ERL, just a personal user and, root. I have the right known_hosts for both users.

Previous Employee

Do you mean it worked when upgrading to a previous version but not when upgrading to 1.6? If so, the issue may not be related to known_hosts file since the upgrade mechanism does not preserve it before either.

It worked before upgrading this fall. I do not quite remember, but I think I only did the 1.6 upgrade at the point (not one of the betas).

The issue is not related to the known_hosts file. I thopught so at first, but getting the file right did not solve the problem. (So I reported this just because it will break any automation using SSH/SCP on upgrade).

I am not sure why its not working, since I cannot find anything in the logs. Do you know what command is used for the transfer? (Runing it manually will probably give me an output I can work with)

Previous Employee

It just uses "curl -s -T <file> <URL>", so maybe you can give that a try.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Have tried it now, did not work. And after removing -s, I got this output:

"curl: (51) SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK"

The key is in known host, since I can ssh to the host....

edit: adding "-k" to the curl command fixes the problem...

Previous Employee

Yeah we should look into adding that. Thanks for testing and providing the information.