Kudos: 1

qos video streams erx

i currently have two att wireless hotspots as my internet. i have each wan connected to the erx via eth0 and eth4.

just updated to 1.10.3 and its working great.

my question is we are switching to directvnow and have been testing it for a while.

i want to make all video first priority on the network and not having directvnow drop down to a lower quality.

is this possiable with the current setup? or should i put the apple tvs on a seperate network?

theres only 4 people in the house so the data is pretty low. maybe sending pics here and there and windows updates here and there.

thanks

Veteran Member
Kudos: 2082
Solutions: 913

Re: qos video streams erx

For QoS on the ER, you need to have internet connection having constant fixed rate.

I doubt speed on hotspot varies over time, so to do proper QoS, you have to do it on the wireless devices, as they "own the queue"

correct. its never consistant.

sometimes its 35 mbps and sometimes its 20.

can i create a vlan and help with the video problems? or is there anything else to do so video is high priority?

Highlighted
Veteran Member
Kudos: 2082
Solutions: 913

You can use firewall modify rules to set DSCP value on specific packets.... and hope wireless devices honor those markings and put those in front of the queue.

Try DSCP values of 32 34 or abuse VOIP rtp value of 46

which is meant for VOIP).

(acknowledgements) should be marked too.

Maybe sender/receiver already mark their packets, as can be seen on sniffer

Well i have two unifi ac pro and one mesh outdoor ap.

do you think i should add something to the controllers?