Kudos: 71
Solutions: 1

Dynamic ARP protection

[ Edited ]

We are now in a process of replacing our old HPE switches. I really like UniFi but it doesnt have a lot of enterprise features. So I started researching EdgeSwitch and I like what I see. But I am missing one crucial feature - ARP protection. We need to make sure noone can hijack our gateway IP address - we had many occurances with this thanks to Docker conflicting with our subnet. So basically everyone running Docker on Linux for the first time put our network down before we activated static IP-to-MAC binding with ARP protection. Is this possible on EdgeSwitch or should I go with HPE 2930?

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 367
Solutions: 299

Re: Dynamic ARP protection

Hi @danpospisil,

The EdgeSwitch currently does not support 'static IP to MAC' bindings or Dynamic ARP Inspection.

Ben

Ben Pin - EdgeMAX Support

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-benpin - any plans to implement it in the future? Its kind of basic function in enterprise switches for protecting from ARP spoofing so I guess I am not the only one who would like to see it implemented Man Happy

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 367
Solutions: 299

You are not the only one yes, I have seen other requests for this feature ;p

We will look into the possibilities of implementing this feature.

Ben

Ben Pin - EdgeMAX Support

@UBNT-benpin - Ok thanks. I hope there is some news soon - I would like to go with Edgeswitches Man Happy