Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 12
Solutions: 2

EdgeSwitch 48 lite DOA

Im not sure whats going on but this is a second switch that is bad.

It powers on, the fans rotate but no light acivity. It looks like it wont boot at all.

Attached is the serial output i captured.

SuperUser
Kudos: 8550
Solutions: 540
Contributions: 1

Re: EdgeSwitch 48 lite DOA

[ Edited ]

Looks like a boot loop of some kind - you said "second switch" - was the first installed in the same place?   That could point to some issue at that site causing this...

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)

"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
Emerging Member

Hi Jim,

No this is not at the same site. Just the second one within our company.

Kudos: 3

I'm looking to purchase a new ES-48-LITE, but don't want problems.  How fast did this one go bad?  If I purchase from Amazon I can return w/in 30 days no questions asked, but don't won't long-term problems.  Thank you.  Steve

Emerging Member

This is not a problem of the going bad. They are good products, however like anything else one here and there is faulty. We have switches that run for years with no hiccups.