02-17-2017 06:05 AM
Management access through the default IP 192.168.1.2 had been working fine for a few weeks (new install) and then all of a sudden, web access disappeared. I found a post in the forums here regarding https port issues, so I SSH'd into the switch, set the port value to 8443, and bam, I was connected again. Well earlier this week I lost access again, so I figured I'd SSH. No SSH. I tried https at port 443, no dice. I tried pinging the IP, no dice. I tried http access, telnet access, nothing. I even tried connecting up to the console port (using 115200/8/1/none/none) and got no output. Rebooted the switch multiple times, same symptoms. Funny thing is, it is switching normally. All of my established vlans are working fine, its switching traffic like it should, but I can't for the life of me get into it. It's not even showing up in my router's client list. Short of a factory reset (which I'd like to avoid), any ideas? Is there a way I can snoop the network for its IP if it changed?
Don't ask for logs, I can't get into it! I do know that fw version is 1.7, I upgraded to that shortly after I got it at the end of January.
02-17-2017 08:37 AM
From your statement, seems the switch function and it's operation system still works normally, but you need access into the switch. Please help do following check and give us some feedback :
1. Check the system status led, you mentioned reboot the switch, so it should turn from blue to white after bootup.
2. SSH/TELNET/HTTP/HTTPS service are not in same thread, chance that all service failed but other function works doesn't make sense, so I assume your access IP (network port) might get from DHCP server, please try our "Ubiquiti Device Discovery Tool" to find the switch current IP address. If you have more than one Ubiquiti device on the network, please check the MAC address label.
3. The HTTPS issue you mentioned will be fix in next image release, alpha version should be out before end of February, and beta afterward.
4. Our serial console works under following setting, please help check the settings and make sure the cable also works on other devices.
( Baud rate 115200 • Data bits 8 • Parity NONE • Stop bits 1 • Flow control NONE)
02-17-2017 08:08 PM
Thanks Jeremy. I regret to admit my noobness, but this was actually a vlan issue from my side.... I had the uplink port configured improperly on the router side, so it wasn't passing my vlan101 traffic, whereas ports 2-24 are on vlan104 which was configured on the router just fine. Throw in the IP restriction on admin access and block ICMP....made for a frustrating situation. Lesson learned, don't box yourself in too far.
As far as the console goes, I still can't get it to work. I verified the serial settings and everything. I'll try one of my old cisco cables tomorrow and see if that works, but the one that came with it definitely isn't returning any prompts.