Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)
Kudos: 5

New airlink is terrible

Please roll back to the previous version. The new airlink is really terrible. Please give us the option to use the previous version

Kudos: 1

Re: New airlink is terrible

I fully agree with the previous speaker. New design is very uncomfortable. Please return the old one or at least add the option of choice.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 29
Solutions: 3

I must agree.  I was  terribly disapointed when I logged in to the new Airlink.

The old version was light years better in many ways

Thanks so much for the effort though.

SuperUser
Kudos: 3972
Solutions: 374

Guys... leave some usable feedback for the AirLink team.

I personally love the new Link, but am very interested in some other user feedback that may contradict my opinion. What is it specifically that makes you like the old link vs the new? What would you want to see changed in the new link?
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2188
Solutions: 335

I agree - it can be a bit jarring when a tool we use has a UI update, but let's be constructive. I'm finding PtMP especially easier to simulate in this version and like having the sector beamwidth option.
Veteran Member
Kudos: 2017
Solutions: 153

Re: New airlink is NOT terrible

[ Edited ]

Almost all good, though the bottom pane is really huge now -- any possibility we can get a button to minimize or hide it?

SuperUser
Kudos: 11513
Solutions: 704
Contributions: 1

@MimCom wrote:

Almost all good, though the bottom pane is really huge now -- any possibility we can get a button to minimize or hide it?

Once you have the settings set, if you double-click on the map area the bottom part will disappear.   Click on the AP locaton to bring it back.

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
"Sorry but I just don't have a fix for willful ignorance, unless you count time and Darwin.... "
"Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should."my mantra in the Programming classes I used to teach once upon a time...
Veteran Member
Kudos: 2017
Solutions: 153

Re: New airlink is NOT terrible

[ Edited ]

Thanks -- that (mostly) works.  Seems like there's occasional confusion with the (recently re-added) pin-drop function.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 29

Any chance to get the coverage area to paint green and red again from a single point?

That was extremely helpful to me.

SuperUser
Kudos: 11513
Solutions: 704
Contributions: 1

Yeah, it's going to take time to work the bugs out and get everything everyone needs in there.   GUIs are always the most difficult part of this kind of tool, partly because they are so complex that untill you get thousands of hours of "testing" everything and all possible combinations of actions you don't know what's broken or even just sub-optimal.   Can't tell you the number of times I've seen this kind of thing over the years...

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
"Sorry but I just don't have a fix for willful ignorance, unless you count time and Darwin.... "
"Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should."my mantra in the Programming classes I used to teach once upon a time...
Kudos: 3

Please add button for previous version , why we have oldest version but not previous ?

I agree. We need as soon as possible terain coverage for ptp. Give us a buttor for the previous version.

Kudos: 3

It would be great adding the ptp link coverage as the same as the ptmp access points. I also use PowerBeams and Rockets with dish as APs, so I really need this.

Ubiquiti Employee

@supertv What do you mean by terrain coverage for PTP?

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-SNK In the previous version of airlink when you check in the map a location for a ptp link, all the area that you have visual contact has been marked with a green color. You had the ability to check the visual contact up to 100km. This amazing option has disappeared from the new version.

Re: New airlink is terrible. I LOVE it

Thank you more the new Airlink. Easier than the previous version. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@supertv Ok, got it.
Kudos: 2

[ Edited ]

Looks nice. It will be a nice feature to have some sort of a button to hide and show the bottom status window so we can have a better map view as now it consumes 1/3 of the screen on my laptop.

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks for the feedback, this is under consideration.
Kudos: 9

Generally extremely happy with the new version of airLink.  I do find it difficult to consistently minimise the link configuration panel at the bottom of the page.  A minimise button would work well (for me).  Also, when just checkung terrain coverage from a location, minimising the panel results in the indicated coverage overlay disappearing.

I like the improvements.  Great work!