Established Member
Kudos: 236
Solutions: 55

Patch for hiding bottom panel and seeing more map

I saw a lot of feedback about the bottom panel taking up so much of the screen.

The way I deal with things like this is to make it better myself until the devs get something better going.  I only tested this in Chrome because it's the only browser, right?  

Hit F-12, copy paste this code into the console, hit enter.  Now when you click the top blue header bar the bottom panel with cycle away and back.  You will have to do that each time you load/reload the web page but it should stick through any continued page usage.

clickhider = () => {

var divs_by_class = document.getElementsByClassName("topToolbar linkApp__topToolbar");
    var ttb = divs_by_class[0];
    ttb.addEventListener("click", showhide);    
}

showhide = () => {

var divs = document.getElementsByClassName("bottomPanel linkApp__bottomPanel");

if (divs.length > 0) {
	    var panel = divs[0];
	    if (panel.style.display == "") {
		    panel.style.display = "none";
        } else {
		    panel.style.display = "";
        }     
    }      
}

clickhider();
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

Re: Patch for hiding bottom panel and seeing more map

Works for me, thanks for doing this!

Kudos: 3

You are a genious !!! Thank you very much, it helps a lot when you try to make a link forecast. Another great feature could be adding the link coverage of PowerBeams and the other devices, because sometimes I also have to use them as access points.

Established Member
Kudos: 236
Solutions: 55

For those using this script.  The devtools window has a history, once you've done this once, the next time you open dev tools just focus on the console area and hit your up key.  It should auto fill the script.  Unless your a web dev and are doing a ton of other stuff in the console.