06/15/2016
3.9 kW sunMAX Install - Chicago, Illinois - Complete Walkthrough (Install & Electrical)
Description

For a complete walkthrough of this installation, as well as detailed notes about Electrical Site work, head over to the sunMAX Knowledge Base.

Summary

The sunMAX Design Engineers travelled to Illinois to install a 3.9 kW (15 panels) sunMAX system, on two South-facing asphalt composite shingle rooftops. In doing so, they heavily researched and documented the entire process. Actual panel assembly & install took just under 1 day—on a fairly steep, 2-story roof!

Great job! @UBNT-Aaron1 @UBNT-John_M @UBNT-Charlie_M

Module Installations_2.png

3.9 kW sunMAX Install - Chicago, Illinois - Complete Walkthrough (Install & Electrical)

by Ubiquiti Employee ‎06-15-2016 01:17 AM - edited ‎06-15-2016 10:43 AM

For a complete walkthrough of this installation, as well as detailed notes about Electrical Site work, head over to the sunMAX Knowledge Base.

Summary

The sunMAX Design Engineers travelled to Illinois to install a 3.9 kW (15 panels) sunMAX system, on two South-facing asphalt composite shingle rooftops. In doing so, they heavily researched and documented the entire process. Actual panel assembly & install took just under 1 day—on a fairly steep, 2-story roof!

Great job! @UBNT-Aaron1 @UBNT-John_M @UBNT-Charlie_M

Module Installations_2.png

Rooftop Enclosure_1.png
Rooftop Enclosure_2.png
Single Line Diagram_1.png
Comments
by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎06-15-2016 06:42 AM

Nice install, guys! I like the mix of horizontal and vertical placement to get the right design. Looks good!

by
on ‎06-15-2016 09:27 AM

Looks fantastic guys!  I bet installing on that comp roof was cake!

by
on ‎06-15-2016 12:28 PM

Wow that's nice @UBNT-Jamie Cheers2

by
on ‎06-15-2016 08:11 PM

Can you share the name of the Illinois electrician that did the connect to mains?  I have two in Peoria that said they are interested.  One has finished the course but I'm not sure if he has submitted the paperwork.

by
on ‎11-08-2017 07:28 AM

So I looked through the forum post - these just connect right into the mains?

Then somehow the energy from the solar array is used instead of grid power?

No battery storage?