Kudos: 1

Re: EU Version

Will sunMax be abailable in Finland?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 27
Solutions: 2

Hi @sampzukka

The Finland certification is in the plan of Sunmax.

If you are located in Finland and could help to provide the requirement or government policy information like http://www.energinet.dk/EN/El/Forskrifter/Technical-regulations/Sider/Regulations-for-grid-connectio... Then it would speed sunmax MI to comply with finland's power grid connecting requirement.

Kudos: 43

Good day...

What about countries that are not in the EU, I am from Bahrain. We follow mainly UK electrical regulation. As far as I know, there is no Solar regulation here as what is there in EU.

Buildings in Bahrain (and other Arabian Gulf coutries) mainly have level concrete roofs, and have UK electrical standard (except for Saudi Arabia).

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 249
Solutions: 33

The inverters will support any of the "standard" grids out there, the question is only one of certification.  If there is no regulation/requirement on grid-tied inverters, then you would have no issue with the EU version.  We're compiling a database of the requirements and trip limits for each country, so if there are no separate regulatory requirements, we would just add Bahrain to the list with the same values as the UK.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 854
Solutions: 59
Contributions: 190

[ Edited ]

@alawadhi @UBNT_Sean here's an answer in the KB to link to in the future, we'll see this question a lot Man Wink

Kudos: 43

@UBNT-Jamie @UBNT_Sean Thank you for clarification.

In Bahrain, since mid-90's, all houses have 3-phase electricity (red, yellow, blue, neutral), each phase is wired independently of course. Connecting SunMax will be only single phase per system (obviously).

A question just came into my mind, if the meter does not support reversing, it should not cause any problem except that it would not calculate any excess electricity for credit, am I right?

Thanks

Ubiquiti Employee

@alawadhi thanks for the info!

You are correct in your presumption—where Bidirectional Metering is not supported, production will still offset consumption, however you will not receive credit for excess sent to the grid.

Updated the same KB article with the above comments ^^

Here in the south east of Spain we have more light than many countries and therefore SunMax would be good here.  I have 1000 customers on my dslam/Ubiquiti 5 Ghz system and would be able to sell the SunMax system to many of them.  The problem is fixing to the roof and getting the non-objection form the planning departments.  Have you had any success with Spain and when will the system be available through my normal distributor Landatel.

Thanks

Ubiquiti Employee

@overdrv @Rogeliolo could you confirm the extent to which the 'sun tax' affects ROI? This article is missing key numbers.

More specifically, with new 'sun tax', do Net-Metering agreements in Spain offer near 1:1 credit for produced power? or does the tax significantly reduce credit, say, to 0.5:1? 

Ex. You produce 1000 kWh. . . .but. . . .after 'sun tax' only receive 50% in credit; therefore, only 500 kWh? Please let me know specifically or generally what you'd pay and we can calculate viability in Spain/Canary Islands, etc.

I calculated Cost/kWh in las Islas Canarias to be appx. 21¢/kWh. So, judging solely (no pun intended) on Tariffs, sunMAX should sell fine in Spain, but less so if the 'sun tax' is very significant.

Así que tengamos una idea clara de la viabilidad de sunMAX ahí, podemos importarlo. . .

Kudos: 5

How about an Indian Version ? we follow the UK electrical voltage, and the UK version should be compatible. 

Indian Govt is actively pushing solar energy, and it may be the right time to enter.

Thanks.

Ubiquiti Employee

We don't have a certification for India at this point, if there's a government body or list of approved equipment, etc. that you could reference, it would help. I'll check with the certification team as well and see what the requirements might be.

@Sean

Here are few URLs that might help you get started:

http://goo.gl/G5nWSI

https://goo.gl/2JoIwy

Vineet

Kudos: 8

Is certification for Belgium on the roadmap ?

Ubiquiti Employee

Belgium's already done!

Most of Europe falls under the same set of standards, with a few minor modifications here and there.  Italy is one major exception that has a whole separate certification process.

Kudos: 1

When is the UK launch, My home extension plans are gathering pace now and Solar is being included. Would love to consider a unfi option while deciding what to have fitted.

Thanks

Kudos: 4

Any certification planned for Australia and New Zealand? I have an installer that is interested.

Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

Certification for both Aus and NZ are done, it's just a matter of distribution/supply chain at this point.  There is quite a bit of competition in Australia/NZ due to lack of anti-dumping tariffs that we see here in the US, so panel prices tend to be quite low.  We have a couple different factories so that we can be competitive in price in different marks with different countries of origin, but Australia/NZ isn't covered by a factory out of China yet, but in some ways an advantage compared to all the panels coming out of China.

Kudos: 296
Solutions: 23

@UBNT_Sean is there any plans for the UK?

Emerging Member
Solutions: 1

Hi Sean,

How far is Denmark for grid approval? - is there any distributors in Denmark or nearby?

Thanks!

Felix