Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 249
Solutions: 33

Re: Free Online Training Course

@mpreissner: The monitoring is a cloud based solution.  The gateway on site collects the data from the inverters and sends it to the cloud servers.  That way, display of generation data is available anywhere, not just from a local instance.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 769
Solutions: 59
Contributions: 190

@mpreissner yes—we will most likely add a "Log in to view pricing" (forcing you to have a UBNT account on community, something most customers won't have but WISPs do)

@zackscriven good idea, since sunMAX is geared toward WISPs, this makes sense; porting to UWN may take some time

@fromport you found the easter egg Man Wink need to update screens (i think this occurs in two videos for about 2-3 seconds)

@DStahl should have initial certificate support added next week; community-tied badges are on the horizon 

Kudos: 143
Solutions: 10

UBNT_Sean wrote:

@mpreissner: The monitoring is a cloud based solution.  The gateway on site collects the data from the inverters and sends it to the cloud servers.  That way, display of generation data is available anywhere, not just from a local instance.

I assume the data is sent over an encrypted channel, yes?

Also, might be interesting if the customer could add a login for their grid supplier's web interface so that UBNT ould retrieve their usage statistics and plot it alongside their generation statistics.  Most energy providers that now use smart meters allow customers to view their usage statistics...just thought it might be cool to overlay both datasets in a single view.

Kudos: 1173
Solutions: 101

Just finished the course and I was not disappointed.  I am going to be calling an electrician friend of mine later today to come to an agreement on installing this awesome gear when it becomes available.

Need Ubiquiti Config Videos? https://www.youtube.com/williehowe
Kudos: 36
Solutions: 5

[ Edited ]

UBNT-Jamie wrote:
@ryancris we will update site theme + certificate in coming days so you can download directly from site

@UBNT-Jamie

why has it taken over 2 days with no reply to my email to support regarding this??

i am still waiting for any response from you about when this will happen..
Ticket REF: 219471
Thanks..

Wireless & Network Consultant Engineer
¦ Ubiquiti UCWA, UEWA, USRS ¦ MikroTik MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCINE, MTCTCE ¦ Ruckus WiSE ¦ WISP_Engineer
*** DISCLAIMER - All my posts are given as advice of which I will not be liable for any damage, loss or complaints, if in doubt seek professional advice from manufacturer ***
Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

@kevigizmo Just replied to your ticket. . .FYI Certificate functionality should be added across the site in the coming days. Thanks for your patience.

Edit: typo "day" >> "day"

Kudos: 36
Solutions: 5

@UBNT-Jamie

Just seen the email,

Thanks for getting back to me - by the way, it wasnt meant to sound too .. arsy .. its just annoying that the support emails quite often take Days to get any response from

Thanks again

Kev.

Wireless & Network Consultant Engineer
¦ Ubiquiti UCWA, UEWA, USRS ¦ MikroTik MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCINE, MTCTCE ¦ Ruckus WiSE ¦ WISP_Engineer
*** DISCLAIMER - All my posts are given as advice of which I will not be liable for any damage, loss or complaints, if in doubt seek professional advice from manufacturer ***
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

Good course, took me roughly 3 hours working in and out of other tasks. Looking forward to the certificate.

Ubiquiti Employee

@k6lor Great! Just emailed your certificate.

Tested the certificate plugin over the weekend, hope to have it up this week so you can automatically download your PNG certificate (for all courses actually).

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 10

UBNT-Jamie wrote:

@k6lor Great! Just emailed your certificate.

Tested the certificate plugin over the weekend, hope to have it up this week so you can automatically download your PNG certificate (for all courses actually).

@UBNT-Jamie

Just completed the course as well - very nicely put together. If it's not to much trouble to email the certificate - please do so. Looking forward to getting my hands on the product!

Ubiquiti Employee

@doddsz Great! Check your inbox.

Have you contacted distributors? Curious if any are already taking pre-orders

Established Member
Kudos: 230
Solutions: 3

Why are the meters in the video gas meters and not electrical meters?

I finished working on his training where I can get a certificate ?, thank yoi finished training USRS where i can get a certificate USRS? Thank you 
I finished working on his training where I can get a certificate ?, thank you

SuperUser
Kudos: 4224
Solutions: 1505

The Certificate should be emailed to you. I received my certificate about two days after I took the online course.
Hi, I'm @flipper, member of the Ubiquiti Community, and I am Not a Bot
Emerging Member
Kudos: 13
Solutions: 1

Just finished. awesome. tried to update my info on site keeps saying i need a trainer name and cert required to update. any suggestions.
Kudos: 90
Solutions: 13

Is it me, or are the videos on the training very quiet and hard to hear?  I got my volume up all the way on my speakers, and the volume on the video is up all the way.  If I play other youtube videos on my computer, or other music/etc its super loud at those settings, but the videos are super low volume.  I have to hold the speaker upto my ear to hear... might want to fix that.

Kudos: 894
Solutions: 80

MarcR wrote:

Is it me, or are the videos on the training very quiet and hard to hear?  I got my volume up all the way on my speakers, and the volume on the video is up all the way.  If I play other youtube videos on my computer, or other music/etc its super loud at those settings, but the videos are super low volume.  I have to hold the speaker upto my ear to hear... might want to fix that.

Nah, its definitely not you... I despaired as well when I watched them.

Actually all of @UBNT-Jamie's videos have a really really really REALLY low volume. The SunMAX training videos just take this to a whole new level Man Tongue

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudos to the people who have helped you out!

Ubiquiti Employee

Kudos: 90
Solutions: 13

I recommend the videos be edited or something to increase the volume.  They are almost unwatchable at their current level. I'm in my office, super dead quiet, no outside noise and am straining to hear it.  Any outside noise makes it impossible.  I'm surprised I'm the only one that brought it up. (maybe my hearing just sucks at my middle age, lol..)  I used a youtube to mp3 converter, downloaded the mp3 file and had to increase the sound using sound editing software, over +15db just to make it at a reasonable volume.  but can't do this for like all 40+ videos, too time consuming.  I guess I could always go buy an external amplifier, and hook my audio out from my PC to that..

Kudos: 165
Solutions: 21

I have the videos at half volume and I hear them just fine. My partner in the next room can hear them.
Ubiquiti Certified - UEWA / UBRSS / UBWS / USRS