Emerging Member
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

One inverter consistently in WAIT for VBUS High

[ Edited ]

I noticed one of my inverters is always in WAIT. I think this inverter is beginning to fail.

It has rather low historical output comapred to the other inverters which tells me it is OFF more than it is ever ON.

When it is not in WAIT,  iAC is Zero and pAC is Zero

I am running a 16 panel kit. All of the inverters have been replaced under warranty within 3 months of install, at some significant labor cost to me. I can only imagine the worst is happening again. I think the entire array is underperforming compared to a neighbors system but that is another topic all in itself.

Is there something I can adjust to make it tolerate higher voltages? What do I do next?

Emerging Member

Re: One inverter consistently in WAIT for VBUS High

Are there any Ubiquiti employees monitoring this!?!?!

I need an answer please.

Thank you

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 53
Solutions: 5

@generatorlabs

Please log into the solargateway through SSH, and run suntop command, and check what is the AC reading of the inverter causing problem. Given this situation it is always adviceble to check the physical AC connection of the inverter with this problem, and verify it is ok. Can you please share how is the weather in your site?

Regards,

UBNT-Carlos

Ubiquiti Employee

@generatorlabs:

We will RMA your unit.

Please fill in our normal RMA form: ubnt RMA 

Then let us know what the RMA number is in PM, so we can work with that and arrange and advanced replacement.

Thank you,
UBNT-Carlos
Emerging Member

My RMA is RM257804 and has been approved.

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

@generatorlabs:

Got it, we will do our best to accelerate the RMA process.

Thank you very much,

UBNT-Carlos

Emerging Member

I received two replacement inverters today.

When I opened the box I observed that both boxes had handwritten MAC addresses on the label and also had the word BAD written on them. Both had the same handwriting.

Who sends someone a box with the word BAD on it?!? How do I know you guys didn't make a mistake in the confusion and send me two more bad units? These units were obviously not new. They have dirt and cobweb remants on them.

I am letting you guys know right now, everytime I have to take this array apart is it costing me in excess of $600 to secure labor.

This is the 3rd time I have had to mess with this array due to bad inverters. The very last time I did this you repalced all 16 inverters just to ensure there would be no more failures. Guess what happened? This is no quick fix unless the bad inverter is on the edge of the array. My failures are not on the edgeof my grid. My system is on a multi-story dwelling with pitched roofs and it is now icy conditions here.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 28

@generatorlabs

I am sorry to hear that! 

My sincere apologies.

We will organize new shipment ASAP and I will launch internal investigation how this could happen, you should receive brand new devices!

BR,

Andrejs