Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Proper inverter swap out procedure

Hi all,

I have a failed inverter, in my case "A11". If have several arrays on this install.

If I delete A11 in the installer app, will that empty position be re-populated when I scan the replacement in?

Secondly, amd not critical. Is there a way to edit the installer GUI to replicate the way that the panels are phyisically arranged.In my case this particular array has 2 rows of 10 panels, each feeding a end run assembly. but the installer s/w broke it into 2 sections. a1-16 and b1-4. I see why it makes sense "on paper" but in the real world, things are different.

It would be nice for it to be A1-A10  and B1-B10. A's on top.

Field conditions dictate!

Thank You,

Joe

Accepted Solutions

Re: Proper inverter swap out procedure

Carlos,

Your solution worked perfectly! My concern was that when a module was removed ( in software) thet there would be a ripple effect.

Thats not the case. The software simply leaves the position open for replacement.

One suggestion. 

The lifetime energy counter reset - for that module only. It would be nice to also add a couner for the "slot" as well as the inverter.

Another idea would to have online hours logged as well.

Thank you for your continued support!

Joe

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 5

@patchski:

@patchski wrote:

I have a failed inverter, in my case "A11". If have several arrays on this install.

If I delete A11 in the installer app, will that empty position be re-populated when I scan the replacement in?

Joe

From the installer app you can hold long tap the inverter you want to remove it. when the red trash can icon appears tap on it.

For instance A11:

RemoveInverter.jpgRemove panel A11

Then once you have the new inverter you want to replace it with, please tap twice on the empty slot, and scan your new inverter.

EmptyInverter.jpgTap twice on the vacant slot

After scanning your new inverter will show up in the list.

newinverter.jpgNewly replaced inverter

cc: @Andrejs

Regards,

UBNT-Carlos

Carlos,

Your solution worked perfectly! My concern was that when a module was removed ( in software) thet there would be a ripple effect.

Thats not the case. The software simply leaves the position open for replacement.

One suggestion. 

The lifetime energy counter reset - for that module only. It would be nice to also add a couner for the "slot" as well as the inverter.

Another idea would to have online hours logged as well.

Thank you for your continued support!

Joe