Highlighted

Something is wrong!

I have 14 panels and inverters. 6 installed last November and 8 more in early April. Yesterday I had 2 failed inverters today I have 6. One was completly dead so I asked for an RMA number which I have received. The others have 0 power, 0 VAC, 0 FAC, and 0 PV.  They are talking to the Gateway. There have been no storms and everything else is working in the house. What am I overlooking?????

Re: Something is wrong!

This may be bad form to answer your own post but here goes. The day some of my inverters stopped working I may have had a power glitch. I suspect this because I turned off the array the day I received a replacement inverter to install it. Several of my inverters were dead for the rest of the day but they started working the following day. Is this normal? Why do they all not behave in the same way? Why do they not restart in a few minutes? So far I have had 2 hard failures out of 14 in less than 7 months. I hope the trend does not continue. So far warranty replacements!!!

Kudos: 1

Hi,

did you fix the issue? i have 2 inverter with same prob.

Did you RMA de inverters?

Luis

The two hard failures I had were replaced under warranty and have been working fine. The others that failed when I cut power to the array to replace an inverter stayed off the rest of the day. The next morning they came back to life like nothing had ever happened. So far so good. I am getting about 1 1/4 KWH per panel per day for the month of July in central Illinois.

Kudos: 1

Hi,

my suntop report this:

Similar right ?

Luis

Screen Shot 2018-08-04 at 15.22.19.png