Kudos: 1032
Solutions: 83

Re: SunMAX AU

@HoochieMamma don't forget the AC-side cable (Y cable) to interconnect the microinverters and then the end-run.

When you receive a solution to your question/issue, don't forget to mark your thread as solved and to give kudos to the people who have helped you out!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 27
Solutions: 2

Yes, you will need cables and end run. Please refer to link, https://dl.ubnt.com/guides/sunMAX/sunMAX_UG.pdf,  page 17 to 19.

Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

Fantastic, thanks Bode and MAKUser!

[ Edited ]

HoochieMamma wrote:

Fantastic. Looks like I'll get some EU version micro inverters when I need to get my solar array up and running! Thanks for the info. You should start planning coming to Australia as a market player. We are not a small nation and your products are great.

Id be interested to know how you go with this would be great if you could document your setup of ubnt gear with 3rd party panels

Agree that they should start a marketing plan for the big hot sunny country they call Australia.

Apart from the fact that it wouldnt be to aust regs and standards but surely we can just import EU kits?

Kudos: 1

Yeah no problem, once I get the house built and ready for it I'll grab the inverters/cables etc and the panels separately here through an installer and make them work their magic.

I'll just buy the products from overseas, doesn't bother me.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 27
Solutions: 2

================================================================================

Apart from the fact that it wouldnt be to aust regs and standards but surely we can just import EU kits?

================================================================================

@muz

Apart from the certificate, Sunmax would work properly in Australia.

You could even find Australia setting inside of gateway as shown in below picture.

In fact, Sunmax got Australia certificate in 2015, and then Australia announced new regulations in 2016, which new Australia regulation is just correct itself to meet with EU standard, and Sunmax has complied with EU already.

Australia.png
Highlighted
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 3

australia has the most sun per surface area,

the perfect place for sunmax

Justin the solar pressure needs to be higher to feed back into the grid, hence why it higher