Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Kudos: 19
Solutions: 1

Re: SunMax Dead?

UBNT-Carlos wrote:

@patchski

The cloud service has been restablished.

If you prefer it over the local solution please feel free to re-install it on your solar gateway.

Since you did not erase your gw from your original cloud-site settings, it will recognize it without

needing to re-add all inverters one by one.

Cloud-based SolarGateway FW:

https://www.ubnt.com/download/sunmax/default/default/sunmax-solar-gateway-firmware-v0941

And please report to us on your connection being restablished once you log in your site successfully, 

so we know everything is fine in your site, or help you on the debugging process in case it still has issues.

If in the other hand, you feel the local gw works ok for you, please ignore this message.

Sincere apologies for all the inconveniences,

Regards,

UBNT-Carlos

So firmware v1.0.5 and v1.0.7 do not report to the cloud server?

Kudos: 6

sundesign.ubnt.com/monitoring

Doesn't work.  Just redirects to the sunmax page?

Kudos: 49
Solutions: 15

[ Edited ]

@patchskiYou shouldn't need seismic calcs and stamp for low to-grade mounts, at least in California.  Electricians build them and similar "structures" from UniStrut all the time without structural (sometimes with humorous results I will admit).

Kudos: 1

I think that some states do, and others don't .

I've seen some of the "structures" that you mention too. Some are incredible.

Personally, I use an affordable, approved system. Its not worth the extra few hundred dollars (even less when you factor in the incentives) to have a legit paper trail to follow.

That way, When Harvey or Irma - or even less comes around, The owner has something to fall back on.

And it makes me sleep better at night.

Tripping over dollars ro save quarters doesn't make sense to me. The real deal only costs about a grand for 20 panels.

JOe

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 31
Solutions: 4

RebusCom wrote:

UBNT-Carlos wrote:

@patchski

The cloud service has been restablished.

If you prefer it over the local solution please feel free to re-install it on your solar gateway.

Since you did not erase your gw from your original cloud-site settings, it will recognize it without

needing to re-add all inverters one by one.

Cloud-based SolarGateway FW:

https://www.ubnt.com/download/sunmax/default/default/sunmax-solar-gateway-firmware-v0941

So firmware v1.0.5 and v1.0.7 do not report to the cloud server?

@RebusCom

Solar gateway firmware v1.0.5 and v1.0.7 do not report to the cloud server, they are intented to report locally only and do not support cloud connection.  

Regards, Carlos

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 31
Solutions: 4

wkmullins wrote:

sundesign.ubnt.com/monitoring

Doesn't work.  Just redirects to the sunmax page?

@wkmullins
The cloud monitoring service at sunmax.ubnt.com is restablished. 

sundesign.ubnt.com is still down undergoing revision. Will update on any progress about it.

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Carlos